Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Switch to Forum Live View Evangelical Judaism
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 4:52PM #121
Bunsinspace

Dec 2, 2010 -- 9:10PM, bipolarbearv wrote:

This is response to Buns posts.  You hurt me, made me angry, were condescending to me even though you knew I was trying not to be and failed to treat me with respect.  I am very glad that howiedds stepped in to help.  Once again Howie, Thanks.

BS"D

Fair enough.  I apologize and hope you can move on with your discussion with Howie.

I will not answer your question about music in the NH. I don't really think you care.

Also a fair answer.  I do care but I will respect your wishes and never bother you about real-life issues affecting persons in nursing homes again.  Don't worry about it.  I wouldn't be playing in your nursing home anyway so it really was inappropriate of me to ask.

...Why would you trust your soul or being or life to men, who in general are sinners?

That's kind of a meaningless rant IMHO.  ALL people trust their lives to other people.  That is why societies exist.  You place your trust in the people at your nursing home every moment of every day.  I simply choose to acknowledge that fact.  And for me - as for other Jews - our trust in the divine is based upon that reality that the divine acts normally through PEOPLE and divine intervention is the EXCEPTION to rather than the rule of faith.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 4:55PM #122
Bunsinspace

Dec 3, 2010 -- 7:31AM, nieciedo wrote:

The good news is that abortion only exists because of the primitive state of our technology. 

The time will come, however, when abortion will no longer be necessary.

BS"D

May it come speedily and in our time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2011 - 2:55PM #123
Ben Masada

Oct 1, 2008 -- 10:48PM, haggaion wrote:

(I posted this also over at the Evangelical board) While tooling around Beliefnet an ad appeared on my screen a few minutes ago. Conversion to Judaism Which is fine. There is nothing wrong in my mind with this sort of ad. I don't know how an ad called "Conversion to Evangelical Christianity" would go over though. But the reason I post is if you follow the link from the main page to "Personal Conversion Experiences" you come to some interesting testimonies Emma, age 55, lives in the "Deep South" of the United States. She describes her discontent with Christianity since childhood as feelings of dissatisfaction with the doctrine that one religion damned the people of other religions to "Hell" for not believing as they do. Reading the Torah opened a new world of the "greatness and singularity of God" and she was able to realize her uncertainties about Christianity and her assurance of God through Judaism. Craig comes from a cattle property in the "Outback" of Queensland, Australia and from a Protestant Anglican background. Through extensive readings and studies in theology he came to believe that it is our own experiences and values that determine our future, not those that dogma dictate that we must accept without question. He came to know that it was Judaism that offered him what he was searching for. With his conversion at age 27 he says, "I have found my spiritual home". That is two of the four testimonies. This does not cause me a problem, except that for about 2 years, I have heard on the board here that Jews don't proselytize like evangelicals. Well I am kind of an evangelical, and I would feel uncomfortable with these sort of testimonies. It would be like saying, I converted to Christianity because I felt like Judaism was an empty rule keeping religion. (which I don't believe, and it is sad I would even have to add this) So what you do think?

Yes, I am aware of the Jewish policy of "non-proselytizing" in Judaism. But, on purpose or not, nine Gentiles from the Christian branch of the Seven-Day Adventist church have embraced Judaism as a result of my work, plus two from those who call themselves "Messianic Jews" have returned to Judaism proper. I have come to the conclusion that the best way to fight Antisemitism is to make a Jew out of the anti-Semite.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook