7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 9:38PM #1
Stardove

stardove wrote:

IMO. We are near the end of a AGE (of Pisces ~ Fish), not the end of the world. I don't believe the translators got it right. Many say December 21, 2011 the Age of Aquarius begins ~ Water Bearer.

[SIZE=2]Jesus was the one to announce the Age of Aquarius:
"a man will meet you carrying an earthen pitcher of
water; follow him into the house where he goes in". [/SIZE]

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

I have never understood this, Stardove. Can you explain to me how they came up with these ages, and how they know when the next one comes? It all seems very complicated to me. :confused:

The Ages come from the way the stars are in the heavens. The Ages change about every 2,000 years. We are currently between ages. The Age of Pisces is said to have ended with the Harmonic Conversion in the fall of 1987. It takes about 25 years to shift from one age to the next. We are leaving Pisces thinking behind as we get nearer to Aquarius. The Age of Aquarius is said to begin December 21, 2011. You'll hear about 2012 because people tend to round up the year.

It's my understanding that we are also finishing up a 26,000 year cycle and beginning again as the Age of Aquarius begins.

----------------------------------------------------------------

From Wikipedia

An astrological age is a time period in astrology which is believed by some to parallel major changes in the Earth's inhabitants' development, particularly relating to culture, society and politics. There are twelve astrological ages corresponding to the twelve zodiacal signs in astrology. At the completion of one cycle of twelve astrological ages, the cycle repeats itself. Astrological ages occur because of a phenomenon known as the precession of the equinoxes. One complete period of this precession is called a Great Year or Platonic Year of about 25,920 years.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook