6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 10:35AM #1
James613
How do you interpret Ezekiel 18:20-23,

20 The soul that sins, it shall die; a son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, and a father shall not bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
21 And if the wicked man repent of all his sins that he has committed and keeps all My laws and executes justice and righteousness, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he has committed shall not be remembered regarding him: through his righteousness that he has done he shall live.
23 Do I desire the death of the wicked? says the Lord God. Is it not rather in his repenting of his ways that he may live?

I am not here to debate or argue your interpretation. I just want to know what it is, since it is verses like this that set me on the path to leaving Christianity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 4:31PM #2
river8101
HI James,

Ufie rarely posts at B Net anymore.  I suggest you send him a private e-mail.  That someone is trying to contact him will appear on his regular e-mail, and he'll probably plug in and then he'll come and post.    If not, I'll write him.   We correspond frequently.
“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 2:05PM #3
river8101
James, I wrote to Ufie and told him your post was here.  Pehaps he will answer you soon,
“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 4:45PM #4
James613
Thanks, River!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 12:17AM #5
UFRETR
I saw your question and I'm studying the portion so I can give you my honest opinion.  I like to read the whole chapter to stay in context :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 4:57PM #6
James613
No need to rush. I'm not going anywere.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 25, 2008 - 1:43PM #7
James613
You still there, Ufretr?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 6:43AM #8
river8101
I think Ufie has left the building! ..........   No, he's very busy with work and some travel, and has also been participating on those Space forums.   Suggest you go over to the Jewish forum for some answers.   There are some good posters over there who are well versed in bible.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook