7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 8:17PM #1
blueeyes47119
I think I have a spell on me. Guys that I have been with in the past are dying. The father of my child has cancer. Last year two of my exbfriends died. Another one will die if he isn't locked up for using drugs. Another one died 5yrs ago from bike wreck. Or am I just imagining this.

blueeyes47119
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 8:33PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

blueeyes47119 wrote:

I think I have a spell on me. Guys that I have been with in the past are dying. The father of my child has cancer. Last year two of my exbfriends died. Another one will die if he isn't locked up for using drugs. Another one died 5yrs ago from bike wreck. Or am I just imagining this.

blueeyes47119

I think there may be a pattern in the men you date.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 9:45AM #3
CreakyHedgewitch
[QUOTE=blueeyes47119;458749]I think I have a spell on me. Guys that I have been with in the past are dying. The father of my child has cancer. Last year two of my exbfriends died. Another one will die if he isn't locked up for using drugs. Another one died 5yrs ago from bike wreck. Or am I just imagining this.

blueeyes47119[/QUOTE]
Blueeyes,

May I suggest you think about the following before reaching a decision. 

The human mind (as SG alluded to) is wired to search for any kind of a pattern that might make sense out of usually unconnected and/or random events. As you have know(n) all these individuals, you’ve been presented with a seemingly existing pattern, that may or may not be valid. 

Until you have examined the entirety of this ‘pattern’ without any assumption that you are the connection, then you probably don’t and won’t have enough relevant information to ever determine a real cause or more likely causes. Until you can sufficiently eliminate all other possibilities within each of their lives as well as everyone and anything that might have influenced their deaths or current conditions, having a spell put on you as the cause remains just one (and a remote) possibility. Now if you come from an indigenous culture that does have such a tradition, that would be another matter but one only someone within that culture could advise you on. This does not rule out that remote possibility that one might have been hexed or cursed. In order to do so however, both the one doing the hexing/cursing and the one receiving it have to believe that it will work. If you believe that this has been done to you based on whatever evidence exists, then you must decide if you believe this is possible or whether you are looking for an easy answer. Regretfully, the option of considering one’s self to be under a spell does encourage a belief in victimisation. This may have several results. Believing oneself to be under a spell may be seen as an insurmountable obstacle to taking control of one’s life and/or making better choices.  It may foster helplessness and vulnerability. It may enable someone to project elsewhere any self-inflicted blame or the need to have something or someone held responsible for events. None of this may apply to your situation but IMO, this does happen.

You might also wish to give some thought to what you can realistically take responsibility for and what you can’t. Your own choices and actions yes, and it is your choice whether you think you should be or ought to be or might be responsible for the choices of others. Such as using drugs or perhaps living a lifestyle or being engaged in activities that put them in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was estimated that 1.44 million Americans would be diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and that 560,000 will die from the disease. The father of your child regretfully is one of many thousands but hopefully may also be numbered amongst the growing number who recovers or goes into remission with treatment.

Hope something in all that was helpful,
C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 10:42AM #4
blueeyes47119
thank you to both of you. that was helpful. I guess I was trying to find a reason as to why guys I was with are dying. but there is no reason.

blueeyes47119
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 10:46AM #5
Gandalf_Parker
You might want to consider coming up with a spell/chant to work on yourself to put you out of this pattern. Something about you deserving to date someone with a future?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 12:46PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess
I wasn't necessarily referring to the guy with cancer.  That's bad luck, but I have heard that the odds of developing cancer in your lifetime are horrifically high.  Like one in two or something.  I am talking about the other guys.  One died in a bike wreck.  One will die if he doesn't get off drugs. 

Just based on what you have posted, which isn't much, I'll admit, it sounds like you are attracted to risk-takers.  Could that be part of your problem? 

sg - who is married to an adrenaline junkie and knows there may or may not be a happy ending there.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 11:46PM #7
Seshen
1) You have an intuitive sense of who's got death near, and draw them to you (or you are drawn to them).

2) You've got horribly bad luck.

Either way, I don't think you have a spell on you, primarily because the harm is occurring to others, not you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 10:51PM #8
John_T_Mainer
[QUOTE=blueeyes47119;458749]I think I have a spell on me. Guys that I have been with in the past are dying. The father of my child has cancer. Last year two of my exbfriends died. Another one will die if he isn't locked up for using drugs. Another one died 5yrs ago from bike wreck. Or am I just imagining this.

blueeyes47119[/QUOTE]

I was a soldier.  Half the people I know are dead.  Since retiring from the military, I could choose to focus on all the people who I know who are dying.  I could pick cancer, or car accidents, suicides, or IED and find good cause to think that whatever I'm looking at is killing everyone around me.  The family tree that was mine has been cut in a dozen places, and this could make me sad. 

The family tree also has a dozen new branches, and the death that comes to those I know comes to others I've never met.  The Grey Lady stalks us from cradle to grave, but she knows we will all come to her, she does not need to stalk or curse us, for we are all born initiates in the mysteries of death.  Look at all the lives begun, or all the lives ended, you can see joy and hope, or fear and despair.  The truth is between the two of course.

I have probably seen as many dead people as you have had coffee or beer with.  Death plays no favorites, and the Norns weave dooms for us all.  If you are in a part of the pattern that is filled with endings, that is just part of the tapestry that is life.  There was a time when all you knew was beginnings and promise, this too is part of the tapestry, and not a divine sanction.  Likewise some patches are filled with tradgedy, this is not a spell, but the simple fact that randomly scattered events will always produce clusters; the good ones are fun, but the bad ones get depressing.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook