Switch to Forum Live View African = Backward or Uninteresting?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2008 - 2:36PM #1
Truth27
Why aren't folks posting on here?  Is that which is indigenous African considered so backward and uninteresting that it doesn't even merit thought or consideration?  Is it just ignorance of the old ways and lack of interest in them?  What is up?

Peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 11:21AM #2
Agnosticspirit
Truth, I can't speak for anyone else, but I wasn't aware of this board, or of any indigenous African religions. I know about various branches of islamic faith but none others.  I don't know how many others share my ignorance.

Can you tell me more?

Thanks,

---AS
Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2008 - 11:32AM #3
Buddhamom08
Hi Truth, I am not sure why people have not decided to post as of yet.  Maybe the site is too new; after all it is still in beta testing.  What is the specific question?  What is the focus of this topic?  Maybe you can start out by enlightening us with your thoughts and then we can respond with our thougths and ideas.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2009 - 3:11AM #4
Bairre

I don't know why more people aren't posting.  I discovered this while researching African religions with my fiance.  I am a Heathen, and she identifies as Heathen as well.  She has looked into her ancestral religious identity and has become more drawn to it.  I did research so that I could better understand her identity as African. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook