6 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 1:38PM #1
gigglesalot
I don't know if I'm in the right place but I have a question.  I've been learning about using stones and crystals.  When I use the quartz crystal it stings me really bad.  What does this mean if anything?

gigglesalot
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 7:59PM #2
itty
Welcome, giggles.

You may be in the right place for your question. There are Wiccans that do use crystals, do divination and so forth.

Most of us are focused on our Gods and our worship pracitices. If I were you I might also try posting this in the New Age fourms and/or the Paganism forums.  Do be aware that posting the same question/post on three or more forums is considered spamming. So if you post to two other forums do rephrase what you are needing to get information about.

Wiccans do use various sorts of things in our pracitce but we don't consider that to be particularly Wiccan nor necessary to be Wiccan.

I hope this helps a bit.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2008 - 10:27AM #3
CreakyHedgewitch
Stones and crystals are practices that some Wiccans use but as Itty pointed out, they are not part of the Religion of Wicca itself. However, there is nothing wrong with asking the question here.

Stones and crystals and their interpretation/usage is based on correspondences. A correspondence is an attribute that is given to something as to what it is used for, will do if used, means or symbolises. Correspondences are not (pun intended) cast in stone however and will differ depending on the culture, time of history, individuals and beliefs involved etc. Many systems of correspondences are cobbled together from earlier sources or evolve out of or through adherence to a specific frameworks of belief and/or culture. 

The best correspondences IMO are therefore created and evolve individually through testing and experience.

So telling you what someone else might interpret your experience to mean might give you a ‘belief’ to use but as a second-, third- or even further removed belief, it might not even be relevant to your experience at all. Often doing so can limit or eliminate one ever finding out for one’s self why something happens.

A few of the potential reasons however that you might want to investigate further would be:

Is it just that quartz crystal?
Do you react that way to all (and all kinds of) quartz crystals?
How are you using the quartz crystal?
Why are you using this?
What happens if you use it differently?
Is this experience been consistent? If not, what was different?
What do your current beliefs suggest may be a reason?
What sources have you been learning from?

C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook