Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Sri Siksastaka of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu - a meditative indulgence
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 7:19AM #11
Jm8
silence,

you didn't use it specifically in this thread (as far as I can see) but your advaita paradigm makes you unqualified to speak about the real Krishna sankirtan as per Mahaprabhu's words. Got it?

> i speak only of first hand knowledge and understanding

This knowledge comes from your matter-conditioned senses, mind, intelligence due to your ahankara. Thus its spiritual value is next to zero.

Hope this helps some. Hare Krishna

"This Krishna Consciousness is a science to understand what is the difference between a dead body and a living body". (A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada)

Your servant, bh. Jan

http://www.vrindavan-dham.com
http://www.veda.harekrsna.cz
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 9:16AM #12
silence_speaks
Hi jm,
          :)
[QUOTE]
you didn't use it specifically in this thread (as far as I can see) but your advaita paradigm makes you unqualified to speak about the real Krishna sankirtan as per Mahaprabhu's words. Got it?
[/QUOTE]

:) Thanks for agreeing that i did not speak advaita here. And I do not intend to distort the meaning of this wonderful poem.
Why dont you give your own commentry on this verse --- lets go verse by verse and enjoy the bliss of Sri Krishna Sankritanam. Instead of talking about my qualification, if you comment on these verses it would be good sat-sang for both of us, what do u say?

By the Way, is not Sikshastaka the only written work of Sri Chaitanya ?

[QUOTE]
This knowledge comes from your matter-conditioned senses, mind, intelligence due to your ahankara. Thus its spiritual value is next to zero.
[/QUOTE]

:) That's your personal opinion --- as i said, this is a place to discuss Siksashtaka and not my personal qualifications. i am here just presenting Sikshastaka to everyone ... and even if i am unqualified, if it raises some interest in the people here and they listen to it, it could be useful ... so, i am essentially doing something good ... if some wrong notions or ideas are persented in the course, please do stop me and correct the notions i present ...

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 4:50AM #13
Jm8
silence,

if you intend or not, any result of advaita interpretation won't work. Siksastaka describes a spiritual progress of a jiva to reach isvara (Krishna). Since you don't accept jiva as different from isvara there is no point of you dealing with it. Simple.

I follow commentaries by Vaishnava acaryas.

"When asked, “What is the behavior of a Vaisnava?” Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, “A Vaisnava must avoid the company of an avaisnava [asat].” The word asat refers to an avaisnava, that is, one who is not a Vaisnava. Asat-sanga-tyaga,—ei vaisnava-acara (Cc. Madhya 22.87)." (Caitanya caritamrta 2.9.53 purport)

Jagannathastaka and possibly other poems are also accepted (maybe not universally) as His work.

Not mine personal opinion but a fact: SB 10.2.32
Personal qualifications are the basis as per above.

"This Krishna Consciousness is a science to understand what is the difference between a dead body and a living body". (A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada)

Your servant, bh. Jan

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 2:26AM #14
silence_speaks
Hi jm,

[Quote]
Siksastaka describes a spiritual progress of a jiva to reach isvara (Krishna). Since you don't accept jiva as different from isvara there is no point of you dealing with it. Simple.
[/Quote]

Sir, please stick to what I have written regarding Sikshastaka. My "beliefs" are not the topic of this thread.

[QUOTE]
A Vaisnava must avoid the company of an avaisnava [asat].” The word asat refers to an avaisnava, that is, one who is not a Vaisnava
[/QUOTE]

:) First of all what is Vaishnav and what is not is again not the topic of discussion.
secondly, Is this the kind of commentry you read ? Asat means transient that which is not Sat. It is just to say denounce all material association.

[QUOTE]
Jagannathastaka and possibly other poems are also accepted (maybe not universally) as His work
[/QUOTE]

Can you please give me a link to all his original writings --- are all of them in sanskrit ?

[QUOTE]
Not mine personal opinion but a fact: SB 10.2.32
Personal qualifications are the basis as per above.
[/QUOTE]

I did not ask you the basis of your opinion about my qualification --- I just said that my qualification is not the topic of the discussion. Point out an error in the commentry if you can and i shall be more than glad to talk about it.

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 2:57AM #15
silence_speaks
Hi jm,
I thought Jagannadha Astaka was by Sri Jai Deva

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 3:34AM #16
Jm8
silence,

I certainly don't appreciate your arrogant tone, it simply proves the above about avaishnavas as asat sanga. You can google His writings up as well as the meaning of this verse from Padma Purana (if you don't understand it):

avaisnava-mukhodgirnam
putam hari-kathamrtam
sravanam naiva kartavyam
sarpocchistam yatha payah

Your servant, bh. Jan

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 4:21AM #17
silence_speaks
Hi jm,

[QUOTE]
I certainly don't appreciate your arrogant tone, it simply proves the above about avaishnavas as asat sanga
[/QUOTE]

What is arrogant ?
And is calling me arrogance not arrogance ?

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 5:53PM #18
gangajal
Silence,

Sri Chaitanya supposedly threw his entire collection of works in to a river. Only one Sanskrit poem has survived.

Gangajal
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook