Page 58 of 58  •  Prev 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58
Switch to Forum Live View Shaman and Drug Use
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2010 - 8:08PM #571
Tenlionz

There are those that believe there is no other way to reach a certain state of consciousness with out the assistance of drugs, therefor they seem to develop this as not only a personal practice, but as a teaching to others. Like Green said, its a cop out, or the easy way out. While others reach this capability through hard work, patients and practice. There are many ways, some used by NDN People for thousands of years were outlawed at one time, such as the" Drunk Dance" as this seemed to imply alcohol use, but it has nothing to do with alcohol it is simply a means of reaching a state of consciousness which leans more toward the World which borders the physical world, or the world of Spirits. No drugs or alcohol are used, so if there are People that can reach this level with out them, why must others use drugs? Not a real tuff one to figure out for most.

Moderated by Nay_ho_tze on Jun 08, 2010 - 08:28PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2011 - 8:38PM #572
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Unfortunately the authorities stopped the public distribution of kava at this year's National Multicultural Festival. 

Kava circle

«Men and women came together in a ''kava circle'' at Mr Tofua'ipangai's Ainslie home yesterday.

Mr Tofua'ipangai said kava had vital cultural, social, moral, psychological, political and medical significance in many Pacific island nations.

''The primary thing with kava is that it's where our culture is centred. Everything we have instituted in the islands was started with the kava circles,'' he said.

''That is where our moral values are based, our ethics, our art ... our culture. It is a sacred event that we adore.''»

www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2011 - 3:49PM #573
Shamanmystic

Authorities always ban what they dont understand, and many change sides when they are in fear. Many use big names like 1000 dragons and such to disguise said fear ie telling the rest of us; "I'm fearless". rofl.  No such thing..  He who conquers ones fear, moment by moment, realizes all is but a dream.

When I was in the islands, a Fijian old man told me: "Kava is what kept the society together. When one commits a sin against another then one has a Kava ceremony and all is forgiven."

I tend to agree with that "old man". Of course I'm an Anti-Authoritan and Deep Green.

We are the source of the "authoritian" types' anxieties.

Doubt any1 will check the links as authorities dont like to read; their egos tell them they needn't.

Only when one is ego dead does one truly see.. Rogl

Master of 2 Worlds.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 58 of 58  •  Prev 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook