Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 10:13AM #11
Dionysis10
We should not limit ourselves to one religion or ideology.  For now I am thinking the God of Jesus is the same as Buddha Dharma and the realization that we are all potential Buddhas.
However Christian theology seems to deny, not want to say God is really potentially within each and every one of us. We can be Christ’s but never a Christ ourselves. Christ may live in us but we can only be imitations of Christ in what ever way we imagine that to be.   

Buddhist philosophy is superior here in fostering the growth of better people, it is human centered. It allows us to be virtuous. Buddhism recognizes it is the human who grows in compassion and virtue, rather than the grace of God in him or her. In Buddhism it’s easier to see that God is potentially in every common man or woman.  Virtue is not deferred to God working through us. I find this to be a superior anthropology.

If I think whatever religion I call my own, Christianity, Islam or Judaism has all the answers, the whole truth, I miss this great understanding and remain a lesser person; I miss this additional information of what a good person is  and how to be a good person.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2009 - 10:06AM #12
Dionysis10

Christ was teaching Zen when he said;

" take no thought of tomorro, for tomorrow shall take thought for things of itself"

"nobody who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit to enter the kingdom of heaven"

"the flowers care not about tomorrow and yet are clothed more magnificently than Solomom".

Rinzai was teaching Zen when he said:

"what, at this moment, is lacking?"

"if not nown when?"

Ruma taught Zen when he said:

"the true man is the son of the present"

"past and future vail God from our sight"

And finally Eckhart said:

"time keeps the light from reaching our eyes"

and Dio said:

"once you know the kingdom of God is in the present how can you not live in it more and more?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook