Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2008 - 3:15PM #1
AnAnonymous
If anyone you know is considering any involvement with Scientology (or Dianetics, Narconon, Applied Scholastics) please make sure they read this!

What Exactly IS Scientology?

Tom Cruise and John Travolta, two of today's biggest movie stars, are Scientologists, along with many less-famous actors and musicians. Pulp writer L. Ron Hubbard stole bits from a book on being a better salesman and other sources and came up with Dianetics in 1950. Later came Scientology.

Low-level practitioners of this "religion" are basically using mild hypnosis for self-help. They want to better themselves, and who could blame them? As you move up the ladder, though, each step costs more and more money, and along come more outlandish claims ("Scientology can cure arthritis/polio/cancer," "Aliens enslaved us 75 million years ago"). If you can't get to the next step on the ladder, it's your fault and you have to pay more to try again.

To get to the top costs about $300,000. All this money goes to making Scientology an even bigger industry. They squeeze every penny from their members, making them buy books, DVDs, and courses, or else. Many are driven to bankruptcy. Yet Scientology claims tax breaks that real religions can only dream of. They became a religion for tax purposes in 1957, this was revoked from 1967-1993 but thanks to a hush-hush settlement with the IRS it was granted again. Why do they get a free ride?

Scientology children, with parents away on "Church" business, sleep in military dorms and are forced to work longer hours than you or I do. If they act like kids co-workers report them. They have no chance to have a normal childhood.

Every single Scientologist is anti-psychiatry because Hubbard, who popped pills, told them to be. There's no need for drugs - Scientology, if you only let it, can cure all ills. It didn't with Lisa McPherson, who was removed from the hospital and died roach-bitten under Scientology care, or a Sydney woman whose Scientology parents took her off her meds. In 2007, she stabbed her father and 15-year-old sister to death.

And yet these celebrities say Scientology is the best thing to ever happen to them. Perhaps they are too busy being famous to find out the real facts.

Please forward this to everyone in your address book. It's very scary to think of what some people are unsuspectingly getting themselves into.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 6:16PM #2
anonymous2131
The "churh" of scientology is nothing but a lie.  L. Ron Hubbard has corrupted the minds of millions and will until someone takes actions to this illusion of a belief.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 1:40PM #3
Bug
[QUOTE=AnAnonymous;341862]
Low-level practitioners of this "religion" are basically using mild hypnosis for self-help.

What does this mean?  There is no hypnosis used in scientology.

They want to better themselves, and who could blame them? As you move up the ladder, though, each step costs more and more money, and along come more outlandish claims ("Scientology can cure arthritis/polio/cancer," "Aliens enslaved us 75 million years ago"). If you can't get to the next step on the ladder, it's your fault and you have to pay more to try again.

To get to the top costs about $300,000. All this money goes to making Scientology an even bigger industry. They squeeze every penny from their members, making them buy books, DVDs, and courses, or else. Many are driven to bankruptcy. Yet Scientology claims tax breaks that real religions can only dream of. They became a religion for tax purposes in 1957, this was revoked from 1967-1993 but thanks to a hush-hush settlement with the IRS it was granted again. Why do they get a free ride?

Scientology children, with parents away on "Church" business, sleep in military dorms and are forced to work longer hours than you or I do. If they act like kids co-workers report them. They have no chance to have a normal childhood.

Every single Scientologist is anti-psychiatry because Hubbard, who popped pills, told them to be. There's no need for drugs - Scientology, if you only let it, can cure all ills. It didn't with Lisa McPherson, who was removed from the hospital and died roach-bitten under Scientology care, or a Sydney woman whose Scientology parents took her off her meds. In 2007, she stabbed her father and 15-year-old sister to death.

It's not like this with Freezone scientology.  And as far as the children go, these conditions you mention was only done in the Sea Org.  Now they do not permit children in the Sea Org.

And yet these celebrities say Scientology is the best thing to ever happen to them. Perhaps they are too busy being famous to find out the real facts. [/QUOTE]

They are not permitted to know the facts without punishment.  It's not like this with freezone scientology.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 1:34PM #4
dude000
Learn The Truth About Scientology At

Xenu.net                               Xenu.net                                   Xenu.net

Get Informed

Love Your Everyday Anon

This Post To Inform To-be Scientologist Or Even People Who Are Already A Scientologist

People Will Never Look In A Forum That Critcizes A Religion If They Are Considering It
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 2:15PM #5
Gandalf_Parker

AnAnonymous wrote:

Tom Cruise and John Travolta, two of today's biggest movie stars, are Scientologists, along with many less-famous actors and musicians.

Heehee. Take the two biggest jokes on the list, and call the rest less-famous actors and musicians. I dont think he looked at the list.

Pulp writer L. Ron Hubbard stole bits from a book on being a better salesman and other sources and came up with Dianetics in 1950. Later came Scientology.

Better wording than I usually see. At least its not "made up by a scifi writer". Altho its still not quite "researched by a well known author".

Low-level practitioners of this "religion" are basically using mild hypnosis for self-help.

Hmm interesting wording. Using "mild hypnosis" makes it hard to refute. Most self-help can be tagged that way. Hell sitting in a college lecture could be tagged that way.

They want to better themselves, and who could blame them? As you move up the ladder, though, each step costs more and more money,

And I thought that was one of the good things. Well laid out in gradual steps. Easy to choose when to quit. I wish college was that way.

and along come more outlandish claims ("Scientology can cure arthritis/polio/cancer," "Aliens enslaved us 75 million years ago"). If you can't get to the next step on the ladder, it's your fault and you have to pay more to try again.

Claims? I dont remember scientology claiming that. Hell the ads on the front page of this web site make more extreme claims.

Wow I started to list the wrong sentences in this but its all of them. Each sentence is openly debatable.

Back on track altho the major religions have the same thing and from what Ive seen, its worse.

This isnt even good propaganda. The truth is in there but the wording is sadly lacking. Worded this way just makes it easy to refute.

And yet these celebrities say Scientology is the best thing to ever happen to them. Perhaps they are too busy being famous to find out the real facts.

Ooh I like that one. :) Ahhh come on. There are plenty of reasons to get out of the Church of Scientology without this junk. The facts are in there but the way this is worded killed them as reasonable arguments. It might work on people who have had no contact though so I guess it will serve some purpose. 

Moderated by Merope on Mar 22, 2012 - 02:56PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2008 - 10:17AM #6
fluffygirl

Personally, I like Scn. I don't think that practicing it outside CofS is in any way wrong or bad or problematic. I personally have always found it helpful and beneficial. I'm not a fan of CofS, of course.

(disclaimer) Nothing I say here should be taken as "dissemination" or advice. People should follow their own hearts and paths. I really don't care about converting people.

Moderated by Merope on Mar 22, 2012 - 02:58PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 7:01PM #7
WolverineAnon
I'd like to appologise for the individuals identifying themselves as anons, they are not representative of our movement, its goals, and have obviously studied Anonymous as little as they have studied the Free Zone.

Anonymous' position on the Free Zone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLsqapQIcvA

Again, I'm sorry that these individuals have bothered you and assure you they do not speak for the movement.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 7:56PM #8
Gandalf_Parker
As a NetCop I knew of Anon before the scientology thing.
You really should use the name Legion. I like they way it separates you from the history of Anon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 5:41AM #9
AnonymousIsLegion
[QUOTE=Gandalf_Parker;499988]As a NetCop I knew of Anon before the scientology thing.
You really should use the name Legion. I like they way it separates you from the history of Anon.[/QUOTE]

Eh, we're kinda different but kinda the same.  Think of us as the old Anonymous reformed in Mark Bunker's image with a soft outer layer of Freezoners, ex-Scientologists and old-guard critics of the "Church".

Also keep in mind that half of the propaganda about both the old and new Anonymous is utter BS or were the actions of individuals and not the collective.

The video WolverineAnon linked to does indeed espouse Our views of Freezone.  I made it after talking to the collective on the subject for about a week.  It's content was the result of Anonymous' collective discussions on Freezone worldwide.

I invite all of you to come to our primary place of planning and dissemination of knowledge, http://Enturbulation.org so you may see what we truly believe and if you so desire, become involved.  We protest every single month outside Scientology Orgs in over 100 cites worldwide.  There is no need to fear being declared a Suppressive Person, being Disconnected from family/friends or being made a target of "Fair Game" as we have strength in numbers, anonymity and the fact that we are essentially having a costume party with signs and fliers. =D

See you at the protest!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 1:09PM #10
fluffygirl
In the past 10 years, I've met (IRL) and talked to (on line) many wonderful critics and made some great friends. However, a failing that the critical community (for lack of a better phrase) has is that a large percentage of critics are too resentful of Scn'ists (including non CofS Scn'ists and/or Freezoners) and don't want to find common ground with them or reach out to them. As I say, lots of people who are cool with it and who are fantastic to talk to- but just not enough.

I see the Anon/Legion campaign as a change and a step in the right direction. Most Anons I see on forums and the ones I met in Seattle in February are willing to listen and to reach out to others- even if they don't agree on cosmology or ideology.

There are a few exceptions but that's life. The ratios of Anons who are willing to play fair with Freezoners and not flip them any crap are greater than the ratio one finds in the old guard critics.

It's nice being around critics who really practice what they preach.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook