Switch to Forum Live View The OCA & the Holy and Great Council
6 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2008 - 12:02AM #1
Huson
MESSAGE OF THE PRIMATES OF THE ORTHODOX CHURCHES (12/10/2008).

What is the position of the OCA concerning the convening of the Holy and Great Council noted in paragraph 13.ii  above?

Has the OCA participated in any capacity in any of the pre-conciliar meetings in preparation for the Holy and Great Council?

I cannot find any information concerning their participation or position on The Orthodox Church in America web site.

Thanks.

Huson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2008 - 1:24PM #2
WitnessNJ

Has the OCA participated in any capacity in any of the pre-conciliar meetings in preparation for the Holy and Great Council?

I do not believe that they were invited to any pre-councilor meetings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2009 - 10:36AM #3
anyuta64
[QUOTE=WitnessNJ;988282]I do not believe that they were invited to any pre-councilor meetings.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, since this meeting is being sponsored by the Ecumentical Patriarch, who does not recognise OCA as an autocephalous jurisdiction (yet).  Perhaps that's one issue which will be brought up at the meeting?

in any case, since they see us as still under the jurisdiction of Moscow, I assume they feel we are adequetly represented if Moscow is invited.  Just an assumption, of course.
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available.

NOTE: This post is a natural product. The sleight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual charicter and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2009 - 10:36AM #4
anyuta64
[QUOTE=WitnessNJ;988282]I do not believe that they were invited to any pre-councilor meetings.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, since this meeting is being sponsored by the Ecumentical Patriarch, who does not recognise OCA as an autocephalous jurisdiction (yet).  Perhaps that's one issue which will be brought up at the meeting?

in any case, since they see us as still under the jurisdiction of Moscow, I assume they feel we are adequetly represented if Moscow is invited.  Just an assumption, of course.
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available.

NOTE: This post is a natural product. The sleight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual charicter and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook