Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 39  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is Obama good for Jews?
9 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 3:25PM #1
rocketjsquirell
[QUOTE=tsingbao;561682]I don't see it that way at all, and whenever anyone has called America a Christian nation, they've never told anyone to leave the country.

To an extent I see Jews doing so, and to an extent I don't. Most of Jewish political activity would fall under the category of ethnic activism, rather than religious.

I've yet to see one who hasn't abused and pandered to special interests. You're making all kinds of claims about Bush and McCain without a shred of proof. 10 years ago, both parties and international intelligence agencies went on about the threat from Saddam Hussein and repeatedly accused him of hiding weapons of mass destruction. How did we go from that to a Bush/McCain fascist plot?

Apparently you seem to think that Islam is not a problem. If that's the case, then I ask what are all those suicide bombers and Qassam rockets doing in Israel? Hint: Jihad.[/QUOTE]

Tsingbao

I see you are living up to your motto by keeping yourself brain washed.

Sorry but you have your "facts" wrong.

Prior to the invasion of Iraq by Bush & Co. which was purportedly to prevent Iraq from giving weapons of mass destruction to "Terrorists", the UN Weapopns Inspectors (remember Hans Blick?) were on the ground and inspecting. If you had bothered to turn your eyes away from Faux News you would have discovered the following truths:
1. The UN weapons inspectors had been inspecting
2. The UN weapons inspectors were allowed free access to inspect what they wished
3. The UN weapons inspectors did not find any weapons of mass destruction
4. The weapons of mass destruction which Saddam Hussein had used against Iran and his own people were sold to him by the United States under Reagan and Bush
5. Saddam Hussein had no relations with Al Quaeda and was in fact a target of Al Quaeda.
6. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11 but out friends the Saudi's and the United Arab Emirites did
7. The French and Russians opposed the invasion because they had been working on establishing trading ties with Iraq having to do with Iraq's Oil
8. The US and the UK had been unable to make arrangements similar to those the French and Russians were making
9. The UN did not authorize the invasion, and in fact George had to go back to the United Nations after the invasion for retroactive approval.
10. The US Congress did not authorize the invasion of Iraq. They authorized a diplomatic effort. Only if that diplomatic effort failed would force be authorized. Bush did not bother to attempt the diplomatic effort.

George Bush is a fascist. Fascism is a political/economic philosophy. Since you appear to be someone who needs things explained simplistically please view the following videos about the
14 points of fascism

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fUdZnxtKR2A

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5f-MznG6ilw&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b9QIU7n-9g8& … re=related (this one is a little extreme but I couldn't resist)

Good luck, in your version of America you are going to need it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 3:03PM #2
rocketjsquirell
[QUOTE=river8101;562427]Really?   I suppose you're right.  They didn't make the Native Americans leave the country, they just stole their land, murdered them as best they could and then and killed off their food.

And while we're on the subject, after 1920 when white people were still immigrating here, Jews were restricted from coming.[/QUOTE]

River

Don't forget those nice "America Love It or Leave It" folks.

When I was a lad and my family drove up Route 17 in New York State we got to drive by Billboards which said "Vote Christian" I wonder what they meant by that? I somehow don't think it was, we love everyone of all races, religions and ethnic backgrounds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 2:22AM #3
papdu
I plan on voting for Obama, but I'm hesitant. I don't believe he is anti-semitic. I think the biggest problem is how he will handle the so called Jewish-Black strained relationship. Blacks as a whole do get stereo-typed as being anti-semitic. After all you never hear about what whites did to Jews in germany. Jews also are stereotyped as racist. After all you nobody see's a cross burning on their front lawn and runs to tell the rest of the family CHRISTIANS are outside, believe me if a star of david was burning on the front lawn the only word you will here is the JEWS. In America Blacks and Jews are total opposites yet are more alike than any other two groups when in comes to our position in the world. Jews are predominatly White, while Blacks are predominatly Christian. Our stereotyps are total opposites. You have the two battles going on in one confrontation which leads to the perception these two groups have more hate between them than any other two groups. I feel the Jewish-Black thing will constantly be a topic with an Obama presidency. By the end of his presidency he may end up running around in the streets looking for Jews, like Mel Gibson did........Can he handle it,  is my worry.    Do Jews need this? Do afro-americans need this? I don't think either group needs a Jewish or Black president just yet!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 7:59AM #4
clyde5001
After all you never hear about what whites did to Jews in germany.

I hear what the Germasns did to us all the time and they proudly proclaimed their whiteness.

Jews also are stereotyped as racist.

By who?

After all you nobody see's a cross burning on their front lawn and runs to tell the rest of the family CHRISTIANS are outside

Huh? Then who was it - the Everready Bunny (little bastard that he is)?

WHAT are you talking about?
Shema Y'Israel Adnai Eloheinu, Adonei Echad.

Am Y'Israel Chai!

23,298 posts as of 2/27/2009

3,208 after the transition.

A 20,090 difference.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 2:22AM #5
papdu
I plan on voting for Obama, but I'm hesitant. I don't believe he is anti-semitic. I think the biggest problem is how he will handle the so called Jewish-Black strained relationship. Blacks as a whole do get stereo-typed as being anti-semitic. After all you never hear about what whites did to Jews in germany. Jews also are stereotyped as racist. After all you nobody see's a cross burning on their front lawn and runs to tell the rest of the family CHRISTIANS are outside, believe me if a star of david was burning on the front lawn the only word you will here is the JEWS. In America Blacks and Jews are total opposites yet are more alike than any other two groups when in comes to our position in the world. Jews are predominatly White, while Blacks are predominatly Christian. Our stereotyps are total opposites. You have the two battles going on in one confrontation which leads to the perception these two groups have more hate between them than any other two groups. I feel the Jewish-Black thing will constantly be a topic with an Obama presidency. By the end of his presidency he may end up running around in the streets looking for Jews, like Mel Gibson did........Can he handle it,  is my worry.    Do Jews need this? Do afro-americans need this? I don't think either group needs a Jewish or Black president just yet!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 7:59AM #6
clyde5001
After all you never hear about what whites did to Jews in germany.

I hear what the Germasns did to us all the time and they proudly proclaimed their whiteness.

By who?

After all you nobody see's a cross burning on their front lawn and runs to tell the rest of the family CHRISTIANS are outside

WHAT are you talking about?
Shema Y'Israel Adnai Eloheinu, Adonei Echad.

Am Y'Israel Chai!

23,298 posts as of 2/27/2009

3,208 after the transition.

A 20,090 difference.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 8:27AM #7
papdu
[QUOTE=clyde5001;345685]After all you never hear about what whites did to Jews in germany.

By who?

WHAT are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I'm just making the point how both Jews and Black people are labeled, while White people and Christians are not.

You really believe that if Jews had a racist group that burnt the star of David on peoples lawn they would they would ignore that they are Jews and blame white people? As they do when a racist Christian group does it.

It's about the labeling that offends both groups.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 8:37AM #8
papdu
[QUOTE=clyde5001;345685]

By who?

[/QUOTE]

Lois Farakan for one

I've heard people at work ,  make comments . "They (jews) think puerto ricans are dirty" coming from someone who was Puerto Rican. .....I never here that type of comment made about Christians
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 9:21AM #9
nieciedo
In the grand scheme of things, this "Jewish-Black" issue is of such low importance that its barely worth worrying about.

The most important issues this election are the war, health care, and the economy. Obama, should he be the nominee, is infinitely better -- for the Jews and for everyone else -- on these issues than McCain. Therefore, Obama is "good for the Jews."
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 2:07PM #10
rocketjsquirell
[QUOTE=nieciedo;345823]In the grand scheme of things, this "Jewish-Black" issue is of such low importance that its barely worth worrying about.

The most important issues this election are the war, health care, and the economy. Obama, should he be the nominee, is infinitely better -- for the Jews and for everyone else -- on these issues than McCain. Therefore, Obama is "good for the Jews."[/QUOTE]

Nieciedo is right. Obama is better than McCain for America in general and therefore for us as well.

By the way, Jews only became "white" after WWII - sometime in the late 1950's early 1960's. I still remember the signs "No Jews, No Blacks, No Dogs allowed"  For that matter it took a while for the Irish and the Italians to achieve "white" status as well. Apparently "white" has little to do with skin color. (I am pleasantly pinkish in skin hue, myself)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 39  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook