Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Jim's good intentions
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 9:47AM #41
compx2
Not from cover to cover.  I usually concentrate on Baha'u'llah's Writings.  Right now my favorite is Compilations
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 9:49AM #42
compx2
Compilation of Compilations vII, another forum brought my attention to it:

2050. Be thou of the people of hell-fire, but be not a hypocrite.

Be thou an unbeliever, but be not a plotter.

Make thy home in taverns, but tread not the path of the mischief-maker.

Fear thou God, but not the priest.

Give to the executioner thy head, but not thy heart.

Let thine abode be under the stone, but seek not the shelter of the cleric.

Thus doth the Holy Reed intone its melodies, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its song, so that He may infuse life eternal into the mortal frames of men, impart to the temples of dust the essence of the Holy Spirit and the heavenly Light, and draw the transient world, through the potency of a single word, unto the Everlasting Kingdom.

(From a Tablet - translated from the Persian)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 12:12PM #43
Jim46
[QUOTE=Jim46;396277]I won't respond to any more of your posts until you answer that question.[/QUOTE]

I've changed my mind about that.

I've answered your question at least three times, in three different ways, and you keep insisting that I haven't answered your question. You quote me as saying "it might be of interest to some other people besides me," as an answer to the question, which is false. You keep insisting that I'm using other people's words to say what I want to say, and that I'm trying to stir up animosity and conflict, even though I've told you that isn't true.

I've learned from painful experience that it's worse than useless to try to answer questions from someone who treats me that way.

The only way I can think of now that I would respond to any more of your posts would be if you can find one example of the answers I've already given to your question, and quote it accurately.

Jim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 12:20PM #44
Jim46
Hi Anna! Sorry it took me so long to say hi.

"I do not have agree with everything Jim says, but as you well know I will defend his ability to say it here."

Thank you!

Jim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 12:21PM #45
Jim46
Avoran, would you like me to respond to your guesses about what I've been doing, and why?

Jim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 12:42PM #46
avoran
[QUOTE=Jim46;396778]Avoran, would you like me to respond to your guesses about what I've been doing, and why?[/QUOTE]

Well, I know you said elsewhere that you were trying to get away from the internet for a while, so don't feel obliged for my sake. :) But if my guess is far from the truth then surely you would be doing your own cause a favour by explaining?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 12:49PM #47
Jim46
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 4:43PM #48
Jim46
[QUOTE=Jim46;396826]See post #3 in this thread:

http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/s … hp?t=13485[/QUOTE]

Oops! I goofed. I meant post #4

Jim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 5:02PM #49
compx2
You're not going to train me, Jim. 

And all I care about is that you stop saying bad things about the Baha'i Faith just because some bad people are Baha'is.

--Kent
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook