Switch to Forum Live View Eastern Heathens!!!
6 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 7:31AM #1
Scythe
This is an interesting topic I hope! I'd like to get some feedback on what other pagans/recons think about what I'm wanting to follow, any tips, or advice, or even criticism is much appreciated lol.  What are other heathens' views about the Scythians? Have you read about them before?

Now I am not new to Recon religions but I've been researching various possible recon paths that appear to not have any following at all, or that I haven't come across. One of them attracted me and it was the Scythians.  The pantheon and culture seems fairly simple to learn about, so I've been doing alot of reading about them, their customs, and things like that.  So far I really seem to like them and am furthering my way into developing a Scythian heathen path for myself, as far as I can try and reconstruct the old beliefs.  Knowledge about their religion is sparse, but what is described doesn't seem very complicated and gaps can probably be filled by similar concepts and beliefs to other neighboring heathen cultures.

I liken this to what I was following earlier as a Celtic heathen. Info is sparse but look how rich these modern paths have become already.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 7:31AM #2
Scythe
This is an interesting topic I hope! I'd like to get some feedback on what other pagans/recons think about what I'm wanting to follow, any tips, or advice, or even criticism is much appreciated lol.  What are other heathens' views about the Scythians? Have you read about them before?

Now I am not new to Recon religions but I've been researching various possible recon paths that appear to not have any following at all, or that I haven't come across. One of them attracted me and it was the Scythians.  The pantheon and culture seems fairly simple to learn about, so I've been doing alot of reading about them, their customs, and things like that.  So far I really seem to like them and am furthering my way into developing a Scythian heathen path for myself, as far as I can try and reconstruct the old beliefs.  Knowledge about their religion is sparse, but what is described doesn't seem very complicated and gaps can probably be filled by similar concepts and beliefs to other neighboring heathen cultures.

I liken this to what I was following earlier as a Celtic heathen. Info is sparse but look how rich these modern paths have become already.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 11:49AM #3
Direwolf_65
[QUOTE=Scythe;345653]This is an interesting topic I hope! I'd like to get some feedback on what other pagans/recons think about what I'm wanting to follow, any tips, or advice, or even criticism is much appreciated lol.  What are other heathens' views about the Scythians? Have you read about them before?

I liken this to what I was following earlier as a Celtic heathen. Info is sparse but look how rich these modern paths have become already.[/QUOTE]

I have not heard of them, do you have a web page or something, so I can 'see' what you are talking about?
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook