Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Must we keep Gods sabbath day in order to be saved
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 1:51PM #1
WailingWall
Hi everyone
I seem to have all the beliefs of the MJs. Does that make me an MJ? Yeah, i suppose. I certainly belong no where else. Well, the question i wish to discuss is in the title of this thread. I say in order to be saved you must observe to keep Gods sabbath day. Anyone disagree?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 4:52PM #2
mlarue75
[QUOTE=WailingWall;322585]Hi everyone
I seem to have all the beliefs of the MJs. Does that make me an MJ? Yeah, i suppose. I certainly belong no where else. Well, the question i wish to discuss is in the title of this thread. I say in order to be saved you must observe to keep Gods sabbath day. Anyone disagree?[/QUOTE]

Have you checked out the Seventh Day Adventists?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 5:31PM #3
voice-crying
[QUOTE=WailingWall;322585]Hi everyone
I seem to have all the beliefs of the MJs. Does that make me an MJ? Yeah, i suppose. I certainly belong no where else. Well, the question i wish to discuss is in the title of this thread. I say in order to be saved you must observe to keep Gods sabbath day. Anyone disagree?[/QUOTE]

:)
If you choose not to rest on the seventh day; God is not going to hold that against you; you'll just be tired come Monday.
"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 6:22PM #4
WailingWall
The 7th day adventists do not believe the sign of Jonas, nor do they keep Gods Holy Days. Also they believe the 1000 yr period of rest will not take place on earth as the bible so plainly states.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 6:25PM #5
aklamwoods
It's an internal thing.  Some people feel they're following their conscious in going to church/messianic synagogue on Saturday.  I don't feel God cares what day we worship on.  I feel like we need to take time out for rest and to be alone quite often though.  I love the way members from Chabad Lubavitch live close enough to walk to shul.  (Yes, their sabbath matters to them)  And they don't drive, answer to telephone, watch televsion, (a lot don't anyway) or use their computers on Shabbot!  We need that time letting God talk to us. 

Malka
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 6:34PM #6
clyde5001
Jews don't have a concept of being "saved".

God wants us to keep Shabbat. How we do that is open to interpretation.
Shema Y'Israel Adnai Eloheinu, Adonei Echad.

Am Y'Israel Chai!

23,298 posts as of 2/27/2009

3,208 after the transition.

A 20,090 difference.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 9:27PM #7
aklamwoods
[QUOTE=WailingWall;323277]The 7th day adventists do not believe the sign of Jonas, nor do they keep Gods Holy Days. Also they believe the 1000 yr period of rest will not take place on earth as the bible so plainly states.[/QUOTE]

Where in the Bible does it say the 1000 year period takes place on earth?  Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world."
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 5:17AM #8
Krusader
My Christain responce is under :Islam/Jesus crusified/Prophesises fullfilled
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 6:16AM #9
river8101
Saved from what?
“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 10:09AM #10
mlarue75
[QUOTE=WailingWall;323277]The 7th day adventists do not believe the sign of Jonas, nor do they keep Gods Holy Days. Also they believe the 1000 yr period of rest will not take place on earth as the bible so plainly states.[/QUOTE]OK, just checking.  Then I would suggest the following:

If your intent is to gather information, go to the Faith Communities section and the Messianic Judaism Forum within that.  It's been very slow over there but I am sure the moderator checks frequently.  His name is UFRETR (don't ask me how to pronounce it!) and if you want information, he is very knowledgeable.

However, if your intent is polemic, don't go over there and make him suffer.  He's a really nice guy.

This forum, despite its name, seems always to end up with the Jew v. MJ thing, no matter how a thread starts.  So unless that is your cup of tea, this isn't the place.

It seems you might want to discuss differences between MJ and Christian, and I'm sorry but I don't know where you'd go.  If there is a place, UFRETR would know it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook