Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View The Eastern Orthodox cult in America
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2009 - 3:40PM #41
razzputin
[QUOTE=Kerygma;971045]How's it goin', Razz. We miss your posts over in the forum. Come back! ;-)[/QUOTE]

And what happened to that nice photo of you in, where was it?  Hawaii?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 4:50AM #42
Incognitus
SERAPHIM STATED: You sad you had experience that some Orthodox groups in the US that you have contact with impressed you as being quite uncharitable at times. You described them as being without love. And if true as you say that is lamentable. But I have to ask how would you characterized your own responses to Kerygma or even to the blogger in question? From my side of the screen I see a lot of anger that goes well beyond trying to set the record straight on a particular point.

If I am not mistaken the fathers warn us of the dangers of self-justification as well as the dangers of even "righteous" anger...coins of lead or gold if placed over the eyes will blind one as good as the other.

MY RESPONSE: You asked me to justify my responses to Kerygma, and then informed me that the fathers warn us against self-justification. Sorry, but you leave me no options here.

And for the record, ALL people who are Orthodox are converts. Unfortunately, however, many Greek and Russian people who get baptized never have a real heart and mind conversion to the faith. They just use the Church to socialize.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 12:26PM #43
razzputin
I t'ink dat  socializin' iz as good a reason as any ta go ta choich!  Maybe even da very best reason to go!  Good food and a few laffs, hey why not?  I admit dat itz not as gooda place ta pick up goilz as say... da local Barnes and Nobles, but fer general socializin' Choich ain't so bad! 

I ain't no expert on heart and mind conversions like you are, but,  many Greeks and Russians get baptized when they're malki bebi, so who knows whatz in their little hearts and minds anyway, na li?   I know dat I'd never presume ta know what iz in any Russian's heart!  (of course if ya get a drinks in 'em, they lightin' right up) Greeks now, drunk or sober, dey pretty much always wear their hearts on their sleeves.  So I guess you could just ask 'em!  Especially those Romaoisyni types...   If ya know what I mean (nod, nod, wink, wink) 

Either way though, da ethnics pretty much got da context down cold, even if dey are a little blasé about da ardor... Xa Xa Xa Xa Xa!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 12:26PM #44
razzputin
I t'ink dat  socializin' iz as good a reason as any ta go ta choich!  Maybe even da very best reason to go!  Good food and a few laffs, hey why not?  I admit dat itz not as gooda place ta pick up goilz as say... da local Barnes and Nobles, but fer general socializin' Choich ain't so bad! 

I ain't no expert on heart and mind conversions like you are, but,  many Greeks and Russians get baptized when they're malki bebi, so who knows whatz in their little hearts and minds anyway, na li?   I know dat I'd never presume ta know what iz in any Russian's heart!  (of course if ya get a drinks in 'em, they lightin' right up) Greeks now, drunk or sober, dey pretty much always wear their hearts on their sleeves.  So I guess you could just ask 'em!  Especially those Romaoisyni types...   If ya know what I mean (nod, nod, wink, wink) 

Either way though, da ethnics pretty much got da context down cold, even if dey are a little blasé about da ardor... Xa Xa Xa Xa Xa!
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2010 - 3:43AM #45
ElAnn

Everyone has really good points.

The blog is off the 'net forever. Hope all remember I wrote that not ALL Orthodox churches are "cults"?

The Orthodox Church is beautiful. What I was exposed to was not.

When I publish my blog, I intend to leave out any reference to Orthodoxy at all, because the focus was really on the way my family was destroyed through a series of beliefs/mind control/ and practices. I have met others with similar stories who were children/young adults in completely different churches.

It still amazes me, though, how in all the discussions about "right belief" --and I have read/heard many---there is no mention of the simple fact that our faith is all about a LIVING PERSON --Jesus Christ.

Thanks to all.  

Love,

E.A.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  May 14, 2014 - 4:13AM #46
johnhus1966

Dec 18, 2008 -- 9:55PM, Kerygma wrote:

You don't have time? Okay. Bye. :)

excuse me but i was 20 years in the eastern orthodox cult in a bunch of different   jurisdictions all  i ever found was a church in which thier people were most ignorant of what they believed and why they believed it and liberalism always  fighting with people  in bible studies when i would say i believe that the bible and the eastern orthodox church  teaches abortion and homosexualism was wrong i would get people acussing me of judging and being unchrist like  and  all  the sermons were about saints  or mary and what they did for the church and  a liturgy  that had rituals  that  were dry and  full of  dead bones of the saints  the typical things  you find in a dead church with  dried up traditions that preached money and the need to have its members give more like one  priests  in the patraich of moscow parish preached every sunday in the anouncements  that you  needed  to give more  money to the church  it could not survive on just your prays  this constantly being  said  every sunday by the priest  can turn most people from the eastern orthodox church its love of money over god or the clicks in the parishes and the fact if you were not a craddle orthodox some orthodox  christians  treated you as if you were  a total alien or something  or the fact  you were told by people ans leaders in the eastern orthodox faith if you left  you were jepardizing your salvation this is a bunch of lies the eastern orthodox cult tells its people just as the roman catholic church with its pompous pope the anti christ is the vicar of christ and make false claims as to be the one true church

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook