Switch to Forum Live View I am a Seventh-Day Adventist and I find one thing in common with the U.U. Religion
6 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2008 - 10:38AM #1
Jesusisamazinggod
I am a Seventh-Day Adventist and I find one thing in common with the U.U. Religion. Well maybe a few things and that is that we both believe in religous liberty and another thing is that we both don't believe in Hell like other Christian and Muslim faiths do and I know that I tryed the U.U. Faith for awhile and even though I approved of some things about the U.U. Faith other things I felt insecure about but I still have a lot of respect for Unitarian Universalist Individuals and I was so sad this last summer when the tragedy in Tennessee.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 6:38PM #2
mainecaptain
You know according to the Adventists board you are in error about heaven and hell
Are you new to the faith?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 10:37AM #3
Thaklaar1
SDA's really don't believe in hell as they are annihilationists.  The saved go to heaven, the unsaved just die.  And I find myself fairly "meh" about that.  Orders of magnitude better than eternal torment, IMO.  Ah, and welcome to the UU Debate boards, Jesusisamazinggod.  It tends to be slow around here, but we're always happy to engage in respectful discussion and debate.  Thank you for your thoughts re: the tragedy in Tennessee.  Might I ask what your experience was with UU, what convinced you it wasn't for you, and what drew you to the SDA's?
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook