Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2009 - 12:18AM #121
madmutt61

Dec 4, 2009 -- 7:41PM, LeahOne wrote:

every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

This refers to the Sinai Covenant, of course - no other is needed.

Leah,

I would agree with what G-d spoke to Moses in Exodus 31:12-18.  The Sabbath was given as a sign of the Sinatic Covenant made between Himself and the children of Israel.  And with this being written by His finger, that should be enough.  But it is not.  Unfortunate as it may be, many Christians believed that the Church has replaced Israel.  It is not only the SDAs that believed that the Sabbath must be kept.  Other Christians believe that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath.  I am not one of them.  I believe that this is a matter of conscience between the believer and God what day that they should worship on. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2009 - 6:41PM #122
sincerly

Dec 23, 2009 -- 12:18AM, madmutt61 wrote:

Dec 4, 2009 -- 7:41PM, LeahOne wrote:

every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

This refers to the Sinai Covenant, of course - no other is needed.

Leah,

I would agree with what G-d spoke to Moses in Exodus 31:12-18.  The Sabbath was given as a sign of the Sinatic Covenant made between Himself and the children of Israel.  And with this being written by His finger, that should be enough.  But it is not.  Unfortunate as it may be, many Christians believed that the Church has replaced Israel.  It is not only the SDAs that believed that the Sabbath must be kept.  Other Christians believe that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath.  I am not one of them.  I believe that this is a matter of conscience between the believer and God what day that they should worship on. 

God told Cain that the type of worship he was presenting (Gen.4:7) wasn't acceptable.  " If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door......"  Those who Believe GOD will accept HIS "Thus saith the Lord".  It isn't a matter of "conscience".  God said the Sabbath Commandment (4th) included the "Gentile/Stranger within your gates."  And those "Chosen People" were to be a light to the Gentiles/all nations". 

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2010 - 3:25PM #123
andrewcyrus

Happy Sabbath Sincerly!

Nice to have God's blessing.

Gen 2v3

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2010 - 1:58PM #124
sincerly

Jul 31, 2010 -- 3:25PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

Happy Sabbath Sincerly!

Gen 2v3, "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." 

Yes, it was delightful and a Blessing. Mark2:27-28, "And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath."

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2011 - 2:41AM #125
andrewcyrus

Aug 1, 2010 -- 1:58PM, sincerly wrote:

Jul 31, 2010 -- 3:25PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

Happy Sabbath Sincerly!

Gen 2v3, "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." 

Yes, it was delightful and a Blessing. Mark2:27-28, "And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath."

Always is!

Amen!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2011 - 12:51PM #126
andrewcyrus

JESUS KING OF KINGS LORD OF LORDS! THE CREATOR

Mark 2v28

Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Deut 32v1

Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

v2

My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

v3

Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

v4

He is] the Rock, his work [is] perfect: for all his ways [are] judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right [is] he.

Col 1v13

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

v14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

V15

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

V16

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

V17

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

V18

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2011 - 6:44PM #127
andrewcyrus

Happy Sabbath all!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook