Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2008 - 8:59PM #11
zenman1
Another  fun  aspect  of  Eastern  thought  is  that  what  we  are  experiencing  is "Leela".  LIFE  is  a  play.  I  think  Shakespear  would  agree.  The  consciousness,  aka  MIND  is  ubiquitous......just  slower  moving  in  rocks,  hence  the  expression  Stoned,  or  dumb  as  a  sack  of  rocks.

The  heart  sutra  is  the  essence  as  "form  is  emptiness  and  emptiness  is form."   YES,  change  is  to  be  embraced!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2008 - 8:59PM #12
zenman1
Another  fun  aspect  of  Eastern  thought  is  that  what  we  are  experiencing  is "Leela".  LIFE  is  a  play.  I  think  Shakespear  would  agree.  The  consciousness,  aka  MIND  is  ubiquitous......just  slower  moving  in  rocks,  hence  the  expression  Stoned,  or  dumb  as  a  sack  of  rocks.

The  heart  sutra  is  the  essence  as  "form  is  emptiness  and  emptiness  is form."   YES,  change  is  to  be  embraced!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2009 - 2:10PM #13
zenman1
Heraclitus  around  the  time  of  Lao  Tsu  and  Buddha  certainly  saw  the  need  for  acceptance  of  change  and  that  the  Wholeness  needed  to  be  seen  inspite  of  all  the  apparent  opposites .....

http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/GREECE/HERAC.HTM

and google  for  some  of  his  quotes.....
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2009 - 1:38PM #14
zenman1

A  monologue......The  holographic  universe  is  sopmething  that  should  be  understood  or  at  least  played with.  Check  out  several  you tube  videos  on  the  topic.

The  Eastern  view  needs  to  be  incorporated  into  western  thinking  and behavior.

A  good  book  by  Neale  Donald  Walsch  is  "What  God  Wants".  He  also  wrote  "conversations  with  god",  and  others.  He  explains  the  conditioning  we've  been  living  with  and  calls  it  "separation  theology".  We  need  to  get  back  to  "unity  theology".

He  recommends .....while  looking  at  something....think  and  feel...."I Am  that!" 

This  is  "tat twam asi"  I  think the  spelling  is.  This  is  being  at  ONE  with  the  Presence.

BE  here  NOW.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2009 - 5:40PM #15
Utilyan

You know I love video games........ and life would be the dream come true.......

Only problem is I haven't quite figured out how to put the control down.    Thats one of the strongest moves you can do in any video game........

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook