Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Guidelines To Liberation
7 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2008 - 7:58AM #1
silence_speaks
Hi All,
          Want to get liberated ? If so, first ,believe you can and live a true life of liberation. And each of these is do it now.
Simple suggestions:

1) Leave Results of work [Karma Phala] to God: This is the most direct way to finding peace. Do the right thing, and never ever attach urself with the result.  Even when you say Om Narayanaya Namah ... you are actually saying namah: not me, or no me. it can be as simple as "what will he/she think of me?" ... Thinking is the result. Dont worry --- or "What will happen to me if", say "Om narayanaya namah" and leave it to God... Do this a constant practise.

2) Observe your mind and mental formations. This helps understand yourself better and also makes it clear to you how your mind is directing you. Sit down in the morning, and observe your mental formations for 10-15 mins and continue throughout the day. You can integrate this with (1).

3) Start being in the present moment. Where your breath is, you be there. A simple example... you are waiting for a friend at an airport. Your mind is at your friend's arival... and you are at outside :) ... keep the mind where you are. Easy to integrate this with step (2) ?

4) Practise vairagya. Ragam is "attachment" . Attachment to objects is based on the idea that they make us complete. It comes in the form of thoughts like: "If you have this, you would be better"... at that moment, just watch the mental suggestion --- it is a suggestion from mind, not a command ... keep the freedom to go with it or not to go with it with yourself. initially, dont go with it. mind will suggest various things ... assert that you are its master by not going with it... just observe its suggestions , it says, "you are feeling, bad without it" ... just observe ...

lets discuss more simple techniques ... which can be done here and now ...
Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 6:32AM #2
TinaRao
Silence,

Everything in life looks so easy.  Just close your eyes and think nothing but is it possible?   Life is harsh that its too difficult to get liberated from thoughts.

Maybe the only time man gets liberated is when we reach the abode of
God.   

Tina
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 9:39AM #3
silence_speaks
Hi Asha,
      :)

"Think Nothing" is a stupid suggestion. We will reach it when we die... or may be in deep sleep... or if someone hits me on my head with a nice stick ... very hard and at the correct spot , i may become blank for a few moments. :)

Do you see the problem Asha? We have mentally made Liberation such an exotic idea that it is not possible to reach it easily. Our own fancy imaginations of "God's Abode" make sure it never happens to us! God's Abode! Where is it ? Here... now... This is God's abode. It is not just god's abode ... but also god's lap. Do you recognize it ? You are already there!

But no ... we will not "FEEL" it unless, God appears painted blue and carrying a bow and arrow.... God can do this even ... but he does not do simply coz ... suppose he does .... then there is the feeling, but the feeling passes away!

"Everything in life looks so easy" , eh? It is so easy to say this and not observe one's mind! and that is what everyone does ... so they dont see ...

What can i do ? just keep repeating : observe your mind !

you please continue shouting that life is harsh and it is difficult to get liberated from thoughts! but never try observing mind!

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2008 - 5:29AM #4
TinaRao
Silence,

According to me, there are two types of thoughts.
One is total liberation i.e. when we stop thinking at all.  Maybe thats the end.  The next one is free thoughts.  It comes and goes off and on.  This is what i understand.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2008 - 6:04AM #5
silence_speaks
Hi Asha,
         :) Sorry for the delayed reply.

let us see...
Total Liberation is not absence of thoughts as even it is not the absence of body !

if Nirvana of buddha means absence of thoughts, how could he speak? preach ?

Please see... There are Pancha Koshas... 5 Seaths...
1) The Gross Body which is made from the food that you eat.
2) The Subtle Body, made up of water elements taken by us
3) The pranamaya kosha made of the "air" elements : mind is directly related to this. so pranayama is used to reduce thoughts
4) The intellect [Budhi]: which helps decide which is best
5) Vasanas[ Samskaras or inherent tendencies which help u decide what is correct and what is wrong].

These are all like 5 bodies. Beyond all of them is You: Pure Awareness. In the Presence of Awareness these function. 
So just as body is not a hurdle, so also thoughts [which belong to (3)] are not a hurdle. infact none of them is a hurdle...they are all just innocent instruments. they have their nature... for example the body slowly decays ... dies...
the mind is always jumping... the moment you see something, its purpose is to bring out all past ideas about it
the vasanas are your inherent beliefs/ideas ... which help you decide.

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2008 - 12:04PM #6
TinaRao
check sulekha
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2008 - 4:40AM #7
silence_speaks
Hi Asha,
     :) What in sulekha ? i saw nothing related to the topic of discussion

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2008 - 8:16AM #8
TinaRao
Sorry Silence, I had seen a nice article related to the topic of discussion and
on Pranayama.   I opened the page and thought of writing it on Sulekha,
but a drop of water fell on the paper and smudged everything off.  It
became a blank sheet, then what was there to write?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2008 - 1:57AM #9
silence_speaks
Hi Asha,
      :) Pranayama creates temporary stillness of mind which passes away... you cannot continue doing it through out the day!
though it helps reduce stress to a certain extent u need true knowledge to go beyond suffering!

Love!
Silence
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2008 - 5:14PM #10
omprem
[QUOTE=silence_speaks;293953]Hi All,
          Want to get liberated ? If so, first ,believe you can and live a true life of liberation. And each of these is do it now.
Simple suggestions:

1) Leave Results of work [Karma Phala] to God: This is the most direct way to finding peace. Do the right thing, and never ever attach urself with the result.  Even when you say Om Narayanaya Namah ... you are actually saying namah: not me, or no me. it can be as simple as "what will he/she think of me?" ... Thinking is the result. Dont worry --- or "What will happen to me if", say "Om narayanaya namah" and leave it to God... Do this a constant practise.

2) Observe your mind and mental formations. This helps understand yourself better and also makes it clear to you how your mind is directing you. Sit down in the morning, and observe your mental formations for 10-15 mins and continue throughout the day. You can integrate this with (1).

3) Start being in the present moment. Where your breath is, you be there. A simple example... you are waiting for a friend at an airport. Your mind is at your friend's arival... and you are at outside :) ... keep the mind where you are. Easy to integrate this with step (2) ?

4) Practise vairagya. Ragam is "attachment" . Attachment to objects is based on the idea that they make us complete. It comes in the form of thoughts like: "If you have this, you would be better"... at that moment, just watch the mental suggestion --- it is a suggestion from mind, not a command ... keep the freedom to go with it or not to go with it with yourself. initially, dont go with it. mind will suggest various things ... assert that you are its master by not going with it... just observe its suggestions , it says, "you are feeling, bad without it" ... just observe ...

lets discuss more simple techniques ... which can be done here and now ...
Love!
Silence[/QUOTE]

All of the techniques that you have outlined so far depend in part upon logic and mind both of which you have bee denigrating in other posts in other topics.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook