Switch to Forum Live View jesus is coming soon,very soon
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2008 - 1:30PM #1
lindex
i am going on most threads to tell all peoples of the world the second coming of Christ is imminent,are you keeping his commandments.and i mean all of them.the sabbath issue is the one most are not keeping and it will keep a lot out of the kingdom,how do i know,Jesus said those that enter the kingdom are a commandment keeping people.read and see
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 10:48AM #2
Ben Masada

Feb 13, 2008 -- 1:30PM, lindex wrote:

i am going on most threads to tell all peoples of the world the second coming of Christ is imminent,are you keeping his commandments.and i mean all of them.the sabbath issue is the one most are not keeping and it will keep a lot out of the kingdom,how do i know,Jesus said those that enter the kingdom are a commandment keeping people.read and see

The second coming of Christ has been announced as imminent since 2000 years ago, when he died. How long must one wait for the dead?

When Jesus was alive he never gave commandments to keep. He rather confirmed God's Law down to the letter and urged all his fellow Jews to observe them. Read Matthew 5:17-19.

As the Sabbath is concerned, it was given to the Jews only as a sign of identification  between God and Israel, the Jewish People. Read Ezekiel 20:12,20. Since it does not show in the Noahide laws, it means you don't have to worry about the Sabbath.

And last but not least, Jesus himself said that the Kingdom of Heavens is not a place to get into but a concept of peace which is within ourselves. Esoteric therefore. Read Luke 17:21.

Ben

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2011 - 3:01AM #3
Bairre

Across the board, First Century Christian texts refer to the "coming" of Christ.  From Paulines, to Hebrews, to Revelations, and non-canonicals such as Hermas, Didache, etc. they all say he is coming.  It wasn't until the Second Century they people believed Jesus actually lived on planet Earth, and wasn't some mythological sky savior who's death, burial, and resurrection all happened in heaven.  But, he didn't come when Paul or who ever wrote Revelations figured he would come to establish his Kingdom, and I doubt he'll show up now...  Or ever.  The Puritans were sure he was coming too, remember?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2011 - 11:06AM #4
Ben Masada

Sep 13, 2011 -- 3:01AM, Bairre wrote:

Across the board, First Century Christian texts refer to the "coming" of Christ.  From Paulines, to Hebrews, to Revelations, and non-canonicals such as Hermas, Didache, etc. they all say he is coming.  It wasn't until the Second Century they people believed Jesus actually lived on planet Earth, and wasn't some mythological sky savior who's death, burial, and resurrection all happened in heaven.  But, he didn't come when Paul or who ever wrote Revelations figured he would come to establish his Kingdom, and I doubt he'll show up now...  Or ever.  The Puritans were sure he was coming too, remember?

Jesus does not need to come to establish the Kingdom of God. He himself used to say that the Kingdom of God was esoteric; i.e. within ourselves. It is up to us to do it ourselves. Read Luke 17:21.

Ben

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2011 - 6:35PM #5
Bairre

Sep 13, 2011 -- 11:06AM, Ben Masada wrote:

Jesus does not need to come to establish the Kingdom of God. He himself used to say that the Kingdom of God was esoteric; i.e. within ourselves. It is up to us to do it ourselves. Read Luke 17:21.

Ben

The assumptions of an historical Jesus aside, I agree, the Kingdom of God will only occur within.  Therefore, you've negated your own original statement, as this renders a "Second Coming" irrelevant.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2011 - 7:32PM #6
Ben Masada

Sep 15, 2011 -- 6:35PM, Bairre wrote:

Sep 13, 2011 -- 11:06AM, Ben Masada wrote:

Ben

The assumptions of an historical Jesus aside, I agree, the Kingdom of God will only occur within.  Therefore, you've negated your own original statement, as this renders a "Second Coming" irrelevant.

I just believe that said that way is less offensive. Sometimes the truth hurt less when its real colors are not showing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2011 - 11:56PM #7
Thequestion

How does Jesus and Judgment day have anything to do with traditional African Religions  Is this a ploy to try for us to proclaim Jesus as our Savior?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook