Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Doubting my medium...please help!
7 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2008 - 8:11PM #1
mm08
I would love some guidance on this.

I want so much to know my angel.  After reading for hours about angels here on Beliefnet, I tried to contact my angel.  I used meditation and a makeshift pendulum.  For forty-five minutes I kept coming up with "G" names:  George & Greta to be exact.  I kept getting both names and both genders(?.)

I decided to go to a reputable East-West bookstore in my area and try to see a medium.  One of the three who were working Sunday afternoon "specialized" in angels among other things.  I sit down and say only that I want the name of my angel.  She concentrates for a quick moment then confidently says" your angels name is Gabriella (GeorgeGreta?) and she is female although angels are somewhat androgynous (I got that earlier too!)"

Here is my problem:  despite the above paragraph, my gut just wasn't comfortable with this particular medium and I am having a hard time believing what she said!  I didn't feel relaxed even though what she said was fairly insightful.

I am trying to talk to Gabriella but it just doesn't feel right.  I really want to believe. 

What do you think?  Thank you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 7:31AM #2
DotNotInOz
Mediums aren't always right by any means. Edgar Cayce, one of the best of the last century, was tested and found to be around 80% accurate. His most notable error was predicting that in 1999, the Earth's poles would shift, leaving most of the Central U.S. an inland sea. Unless I sprouted gills, it didn't happen.

Generally speaking, mediums range from 40-60% accuracy from what I've read, so this one could easily have been way wrong.

On something like this, I advise trusting your own instincts. It's not a matter of earthshattering significance if you get a few of the details wrong. As you strengthen your contact with your angel or guide, you'll find out what's correct.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 10:05AM #3
mm08
Hi Dancing Cloud & Dot,

Thank you both so much for your encouragemento to trust myself.  I will do that.  It's the only thing that feels right anyway!
I will keep trying to strengthen that connection.

Dancing Cloud~ I never received a visual.  The names just kept appearing in my mind.

Thank you, again!
Have a great day!

Elizabeth
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 11:08AM #4
DotNotInOz

DotNotInOz wrote:

Mediums aren't always right by any means. Edgar Cayce, one of the best of the last century, was tested and found to be around 80% accurate. His most notable error was predicting that in 1999, the Earth's poles would shift, leaving most of the Central U.S. an inland sea. Unless I sprouted gills, it didn't happen.

Generally speaking, mediums range from 40-60% accuracy from what I've read, so this one could easily have been way wrong.

On something like this, I advise trusting your own instincts. It's not a matter of earthshattering significance if you get a few of the details wrong. As you strengthen your contact with your angel or guide, you'll find out what's correct.

DUH! Silly Dot!

I was talking about statistics from testing PSYCHICS, not mediums. Sorry about any misleading impression resulting from my error.

My concluding paragraph remains as stated previously. The previous ones are so much "organic mulch."

Sheesh...guess that proves I'm human, huh? :p:p

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 11:11AM #5
DotNotInOz

mm08 wrote:

Dancing Cloud~ I never received a visual. The names just kept appearing in my mind.
Elizabeth

Incidentally, Elizabeth, I only rarely get visuals myself. Usually, my guides' communications are like someone talking inside my head.

So, if you're weird in that respect, you've got me for company. :):)

Dot

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 5:09PM #6
mainecaptain

mm08 wrote:

I want so much to know my angel.  After reading for hours about angels here on Beliefnet, I tried to contact my angel.  I used meditation and a makeshift pendulum.  For forty-five minutes I kept coming up with "G" names:  George & Greta to be exact.  I kept getting both names and both genders(?.)

I decided to go to a reputable East-West bookstore in my area and try to see a medium.  One of the three who were working Sunday afternoon "specialized" in angels among other things.  I sit down and say only that I want the name of my angel.  She concentrates for a quick moment then confidently says" your angels name is Gabriella (GeorgeGreta?) and she is female although angels are somewhat androgynous (I got that earlier too!)"

Here is my problem:  despite the above paragraph, my gut just wasn't comfortable with this particular medium and I am having a hard time believing what she said!  I didn't feel relaxed even though what she said was fairly insightful.

I am trying to talk to Gabriella but it just doesn't feel right.  I really want to believe. 

What do you think?  Thank you.

I am in the middle of homework so I have not read all replys to you,  so this may have been addressed. But you may have,  two guides close at this time,  and they may be representing themselves as two genders. But I would go with your gut instinct. And your own meditations. They are most likely to be more accurate. As people are always saying to me. I will say to you "Trust yourself." And good luck:)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 8:10PM #7
Stardove
mm08, Going along with what Dot said the 80% accuracy is also true for the best mediums. I believe that because of free will maybe a reading will go one way. Then the person makes choices and the way the medium saw things doesn't turn out the way the medium thought. With mediumship there is that connection to other side and proof of life after death.

Everyone can have psychic abilities. I believe we are all intuitive. But not all psychics connect to the other side. Some psychic are also mediums and the other way around.

As was mentioned you may have been connecting to your spirit guides instead of angels. In my mediumship training we were taught that everyone has at least five guides in their inner band (for life). There is also outer band guides. These guides will come and go as needed.

Take what you want and leave the rest when dealing with the esoteric matters is what I like to say. Always trust your gut feelings.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2008 - 10:14AM #8
mm08
Thank you all so much~ I feel really encouraged!

Bless you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2008 - 12:00AM #9
FantasiaSmith
Hello, Lovely People!

Hi, Elizabeth!

For what it's worth (and it may be just so much cow manure -- only you can know for sure), while I was reading this thread I received the very, VERY strong impression that George and Greta are your "spirit guides".  They were fraternal twins in their last (or maybe their favorite) life together, so they've kept the names George and Greta that were given to them in that life, and they are now an inseparable pair who work together in everything they do.

Angels and Spirit Guides are very different beings with different functions and relationships with the humans to whom they are assigned.  Angels are guardians and helpers who have never been human -- they can be understood as "God's hands", for they work only the will of God, and therefore cannot guide or advise us (because to do so would violate God's promise to us of Free Will).  Spirit Guides are souls who were once human, and who are committed to loving, helping, advising, and guiding us as much as we want them to, and as much as we are willing to accept from them.  They've "been around the block" a few more times than we have, so they've grown a bit more in wisdom.

It is important, however, before accepting the guidance of any spirit, that we "test" the spirit by asking that only those who walk in the white light of God be present for us.  (There is more advice on how to do this on the "Spirit Guides" board at http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/f … y.php?f=60 )

I feel confident, however, that both Greta and George will pass the test.

As usual, take what resounds with you and leave the rest.

Love and Light and Blessings to you and to all of you!

Claudia
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2008 - 8:03AM #10
Tenlionz
It soundz AZ if your concept of Angelz iz based solely on Judeo Christian concepts, I would submit that this (your statment) iz not the case and even if so Angelz have been proven to have free will within the confinez of said concepts. Angelz may very well have been human and there are many that may be living AZ humanz even now, I would suggest reading the books of Enoch to get a broader understanding of theze beingz. Angelology iz a very broad study and quite rewarding should this be your interest.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook