Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View New ~ Welcome and Check in to Forum
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2009 - 2:42PM #11
Stardove

Nov 23, 2009 -- 8:59PM, Phantasm wrote:

Hello.

I have been lurking in another Progressive board for a few days now.  I am now getting interested in engaging in more conversation and thought this place would be a more appropriate place to start, as it has more activity.

So now I'm off to start a new thread!

Phantasm,

Welcome to the Discuss Progressive Christianity.  Feel free to begin a new threads and ask away.  Both Progressive Christians and non PCs post here.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2010 - 7:50PM #12
Gwalchmai60

Hello! My name is Gwalchmai60 and I used to belong to Beliefnet when it existed in an earlier incarnation.  I'm amazed at the site and that it has undergone so much revision.  I'm still getting used to it.

I was raised Presbyterian, but converted to Catholicism in my early 30s, this lead me directly into graduate school in Berkeley, CA where I attended the Graduate Theological Union and The Franciscan School of Theology.  I received two Masters degrees, one in Systematic & Historical Theology, the other in Pastoral Ministry.

Although I remain thoroughly Catholic theologically, I no longer feel I belong in the Church of Rome, so I've taken what I need and have left the rest.

I am presently exploring Liberal Quakerism, Unity and New Thought.

I'm a huge fan of John Shelby Spong.

So I guess I consider myself a Progressive Catholic Christian.

I look forward to taking part in the discussions here and maybe starting a few of my own.

Peace be with you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2010 - 12:02AM #13
Stardove

Gwalchmai60, let me give you another welcome on this thread.  I missed seeing it. 

Normally threads which have not been read are bold.  This one wasn't, so I almost didn't see you had posted. 

I do hope you will enjoy all Beliefnet has to offer including the Progressive Christians forum.

Please do start some threads (discussions in the old days).

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2011 - 12:05AM #14
Holly3278

I am new to this forum.  I am recovering being a hardcore conservative Catholic.  I am pretty sure I don't want anything to do with Catholicism anymore so I am looking into progressive versions of Christianity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2011 - 2:17PM #15
Stardove

Jan 29, 2011 -- 12:05AM, Holly3278 wrote:

I am new to this forum.  I am recovering being a hardcore conservative Catholic.  I am pretty sure I don't want anything to do with Catholicism anymore so I am looking into progressive versions of Christianity.

Welcome to the forum Holly.  I hope you will find some of what you are seeking here.  Just keep checking back in as the forum tends to be somewhat slow.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook