Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Unbaptized Baptizer—Do You Meet The Qualifications?
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 8:51AM #1
AuldSoul
(Satire)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS

The commission from Jesus to all his disciples is to "Go therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them ..." You may have associated with Jehovah's Witnesses for some time. If so, you have likely noticed that all Jehovah's Witnesses are engaged in this life-saving work of baptizing. (1 Peter 3:21) As you have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses, you have no doubt heard talks discussing the importance of baptism.

You might have reached a point where you feel motivated to baptize others. However, you may find in your life some customs or beliefs that would be inappropriate for a person presenting themselves to the public as a qualified unbaptized baptizer of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is our heartfelt desire that you fully understand what God requires of you before you begin to baptize others. Your Bible study conductor will be happy to share with you these reasonable requirements, and the local elders can meet with you when you feel you are ready to personally engage in the most important work we have in this time of the end, that of calling people to repentance and baptism. (Acts 2:38)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously, Jesus did not intend for Matthew 28:19, 20 to apply to unbaptized people.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 9:22AM #2
Nomi69
[QUOTE=AuldSoul;723307](Satire)
MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS

The commission from Jesus to all his disciples is to "Go therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them ..." You may have associated with Jehovah's Witnesses for some time. If so, you have likely noticed that all Jehovah's Witnesses are engaged in this life-saving work of baptizing. (1 Peter 3:21) As you have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses, you have no doubt heard talks discussing the importance of baptism.

You might have reached a point where you feel motivated to baptize others. However, you may find in your life some customs or beliefs that would be inappropriate for a person presenting themselves to the public as a qualified unbaptized baptizer of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is our heartfelt desire that you fully understand what God requires of you before you begin to baptize others. Your Bible study conductor will be happy to share with you these reasonable requirements, and the local elders can meet with you when you feel you are ready to personally engage in the most important work we have in this time of the end, that of calling people to repentance and baptism. (Acts 2:38)
Obviously, Jesus did not intend for Matthew 28:19, 20 to apply to unbaptized people.[/QUOTE]

Your reason for posting this? Is it to impughn or a mockery of JW's. Your profile does not say you are a JW.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 2:23PM #3
John653
[QUOTE=Nomi69;723363]Your reason for posting this? Is it to impughn or a mockery of JW's. Your profile does not say you are a JW.[/QUOTE]

Show the board just one Scripture in the New Testament that demonstrates a person preaching the Good News of the Kingdom BEFORE they were baptized.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 11:00PM #4
AuldSoul
[QUOTE=John653;724260]Show the board just one Scripture in the New Testament that demonstrates a person preaching the Good News of the Kingdom BEFORE they were baptized.[/QUOTE]

All due respect, John653, although they cannot meet even that criterion their actual onus is much more difficult to manage.

They currently REQUIRE that persons desiring to be baptized must qualify to become an "unbaptized publisher."

So, it isn't simply a matter of finding where someone preached before baptism. They need to Scripturally establish that there is some basis for REQUIRING people to do so prior to baptism. Nomi doesn't want to try and find a Scripture to support this requirement because she already knows there isn't one.

Instead of addressing the statement and providing a Scriptural answer, which even Jesus gave to the apostate Satan, she questions the MOTIVES of the poster. In my opinion, she would do well to search out whether she is promoting something supported in the Bible when she promotes the requirement of preaching prior to baptism.

Respectfully,
AuldSoul
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 8:55AM #5
Drudge
[QUOTE=AuldSoul;723307](Satire)
MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS

Drudge:  In all religions, being baptized is stressed.  Not just JW's.  So, therefore, I don't know what your trying to say? 

Drudge:  There are many, many men within the JW's religion, that have no desire to baptize others!  Ever hear of the New Breed?  The thing is, your confuessing knowledge with being unbaptized!  Anyone can preach the word of God, without being baptized within the JW's religion!

Drudge:  Anyone that is baptized, may not even have the desire to baptize others, so why are you giving this speech?  I don't see the point in it!  Maybe you can tell US more.
Obviously, Jesus did not intend for Matthew 28:19, 20 to apply to unbaptized people.[/QUOTE]

Jesus showed his approval of water baptism, not only by his own act in submitting himself to be baptized, but also by the specific commandment he gave shortly before ascending on high. To his faithful footstep followers Jesus said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the consummation of the system of things.” (Matt. 28:18-20, NW)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 10:45AM #6
matica
[QUOTE=Drudge;726193]Jesus showed his approval of water baptism, not only by his own act in submitting himself to be baptized, but also by the specific commandment he gave shortly before ascending on high. To his faithful footstep followers Jesus said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the consummation of the system of things.” (Matt. 28:18-20, NW)[/QUOTE]

Oops dredge, you left out, "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 11:06AM #7
Drudge
[QUOTE=matica;726401]Oops dredge, you left out, "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?[/QUOTE]

Drudge:  I did not agree to saying them words!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 11:13AM #8
John653
[QUOTE=AuldSoul;725674]All due respect, John653, although they cannot meet even that criterion their actual onus is much more difficult to manage.

They currently REQUIRE that persons desiring to be baptized must qualify to become an "unbaptized publisher."

So, it isn't simply a matter of finding where someone preached before baptism. They need to Scripturally establish that there is some basis for REQUIRING people to do so prior to baptism. Nomi doesn't want to try and find a Scripture to support this requirement because she already knows there isn't one.

Instead of addressing the statement and providing a Scriptural answer, which even Jesus gave to the apostate Satan, she questions the MOTIVES of the poster. In my opinion, she would do well to search out whether she is promoting something supported in the Bible when she promotes the requirement of preaching prior to baptism.

Respectfully,
AuldSoul[/QUOTE]

Let's see if I have this right...

[COLOR=RED]Is there Scriptural support for requiring a person who desires to be baptized to first qualify and become an  "unbaptized publisher" of the Good News before they can be considered to qualify for baptism as a  Jehovah's Witness?

It doesn't make any sense that a person who desires to be baptized must first qualify and become an  "unbaptized publisher" of the Good News before they can be considered to qualify for baptism as a Jehovah's Witness.[/COLOR]

JW's, if you do practice this, please show us where we can find any precedent for this in God's Word.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2008 - 7:49AM #9
AuldSoul
[QUOTE=Drudge;726193]Jesus showed his approval of water baptism, not only by his own act in submitting himself to be baptized, but also by the specific commandment he gave shortly before ascending on high.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with Jesus telling his baptized disciples to teach and to baptize others.

I have a problem with a religion using Jesus' words to establish a class of unbaptized teachers called "unbaptized publishers." Jesus never told any unbaptized person to preach.

The point here is, the commission is NOT a commission to preach and teach. The commission is a commission to preach, to teach, AND to baptize people. Jehovah's Witnesses apply half of the commission to everyone who would call themselves a Christian and apply the other half to the organization behind the name.

The fact is, Jesus gave the commission to baptized people. He never instructed unbaptized people to follow this commission. My satirical reference to "unbaptized baptizer" is contextually identical to "unbaptized publisher" in the context of the great commission.

There is NO WAY Jesus intended unbaptized people to baptize others. There is equally NO WAY Jesus intended unbaptized people to teach others.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2008 - 8:42AM #10
matica
[QUOTE=AuldSoul;728836]I have no problem with Jesus telling his baptized disciples to teach and to baptize others.

I have a problem with a religion using Jesus' words to establish a class of unbaptized teachers called "unbaptized publishers." Jesus never told any unbaptized person to preach.

The point here is, the commission is NOT a commission to preach and teach. The commission is a commission to preach, to teach, AND to baptize people. Jehovah's Witnesses apply half of the commission to everyone who would call themselves a Christian and apply the other half to the organization behind the name.

The fact is, Jesus gave the commission to baptized people. He never instructed unbaptized people to follow this commission. My satirical reference to "unbaptized baptizer" is contextually identical to "unbaptized publisher" in the context of the great commission.

There is NO WAY Jesus intended unbaptized people to baptize others. There is equally NO WAY Jesus intended unbaptized people to teach others.[/QUOTE]

He sent the 12 disciples out, but there is no scriptures saying they were already baptized. When Jesus was 12, he wasn't baptized, but he taught. You do not have to be baptized in order to preach the good news, but I do agree one should be baptized before they baptize someone else.
Matt
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook