Page 5 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Last Days: 2008 - 2012
7 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 8:14PM #41
OnewayOneLord

Palmtree0 wrote:

The rapture is a modern term and there are many erroneous ideas associated with it. Therefore, "rapture" can mean different things to different people. Nevertheless, the scriptures which I've posted do illustrate the resurrection of the believers.

[COLOR=black]1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. [/COLOR]

OWOL: Ok, I am following you. In addition you mention 5 gospel messages presumably those are the 1 noah preached prior to the flood ( Hey, all they had to do was get on the boat!) 2. The gospel message of the comming Messiah,,3..the One Jesus preached in Mathew 4:17, Paul's gospel listed in 1 Cor 15:1-5 and then the last one for those who  are living in the last days found in Revelation?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 11:15AM #42
lookingforinsight
I'm glad OWOL is following you, because I'm a little lost at this point. I'll have to go back and read it a couple of more times. But one question I have right now is about this:

[QUOTE]430 x 6 = 2580
From the temple destruction to the 17 year latter rain
1994 = (587bc + 2580) -1

430 x 8 = 3440
From the 17th year after Exodus to 17th year after latter rain
2011 = (1430bc - 3440) -1[/QUOTE]

What is the 17 year latter rain? And what is/was the significance of 1994?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 11:55AM #43
Palmtree0

lookingforinsight wrote:

I'm glad OWOL is following you, because I'm a little lost at this point. I'll have to go back and read it a couple of more times. But one question I have right now is about this:

You may recall that Daniel asked God for more information about the end-times. However, God would not tell him because the prophecies were intended to be sealed until the time of the end.

Daniel 12:9 
And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Therefore, 1994 was the year which the seals were opened, and that opening of the seals is described in the bible as the season of the latter rain; which is simply a metaphor for the pouring out of the Gospel. You can think of 1994 as the first year of the end-times. Essentially, nobody could have previously known the things which I've out-lined in this discussion until God first removed the seals and revealed the hidden meaning of the scriptures.

Joel 2:28-32
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit

And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.  The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 12:00PM #44
OnewayOneLord

lookingforinsight wrote:

OWOL: I am guessing but I think beginning from 1994 +17 years brings us to 2011...the year of the next "woe" or the year of the rapture...I will let PT confirm though...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 12:33PM #45
Palmtree0

OnewayOneLord wrote:

OWOL: I am guessing but I think beginning from 1994 +17 years brings us to 2011...the year of the next "woe" or the year of the rapture...I will let PT confirm though...

Simple math confirms that you are correct and the #17 reinforces the soon coming heavenly events.

[COLOR=Black]Matthew 24:26
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 1:7-8
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

[/COLOR]

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 1:11PM #46
lookingforinsight
[QUOTE]Therefore, 1994 was the year which the seals were opened, and that opening of the seals is described in the bible as the season of the latter rain; which is simply a metaphor for the pouring out of the Gospel.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that clarifies it a bit. I'll go back and reread the last few posts. But I'm really busy at work today, so I probably won't be able to really absorb and ponder it until this evening, at the earliest.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Later,
looking
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 12:33PM #47
Palmtree0

OnewayOneLord wrote:

Simple math confirms that you are correct and the #17 reinforces the soon coming heavenly events.

[COLOR=Black]Matthew 24:26
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 1:7-8
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

[/COLOR]

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 1:11PM #48
lookingforinsight
[QUOTE]Therefore, 1994 was the year which the seals were opened, and that opening of the seals is described in the bible as the season of the latter rain; which is simply a metaphor for the pouring out of the Gospel.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that clarifies it a bit. I'll go back and reread the last few posts. But I'm really busy at work today, so I probably won't be able to really absorb and ponder it until this evening, at the earliest.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Later,
looking
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 8:44PM #49
PirateJohn
Every time somebody starts bringing up the end of days, I always like posting this:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

A Brief History of the Apocalypse
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 1:32AM #50
selah
If I may,put my 2 cents in...

Why are we asking,pondering,THINKING we have it all Figured out???

Jesus tells us that we will KNOW the end times.
We are IN the end times,but for me,I am not worried WHEN that day will come,no one knows,the WOG says.

But,instead of studying the Exact date,dont you think we should be examining our hearts,and praying for the Lord to bring the "harvest"in...pray for those who are in need of salvation,wouldnt the Lord want us ,his 'church'in these last days,to be in the "field"working for him,rather than sitting around THINKING we have the answer,when that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO  contradicting the WOG...

Yes,we KNOW that we are IN the Last DAYS,but whom knows the last day?

Only God...

Thanks for allowing  me to share...

Take care,

Se'lah
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook