6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 4:26PM #11
kraventhearcher
I'm curious about the OP too.
Where did he/she/it go?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2009 - 11:20AM #12
moonsongsinger
[QUOTE=Dromahair;375303]Out of curiosity where do you get Dana as a goddess of war or associated with the crow?  I've seen the rare mention of Danu taking on Morrigan like attributes but never to the extent that she could be considered a "War Goddess".[/QUOTE]

Seriously...where is Dana shown to have that connection? I'm curious -- I know she's connected to the Morrigan in some text or small ways, but she's definately more in the realm of sacral land or earth + mother.....or so I interpret.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2009 - 10:31PM #13
moonsongsinger
Right now I'm being strongly called by the Morrigan, but it's complicated. I'm definitely going to have to make some personal changes soon. I have had a connection with Brighid since the beginning of my Gaelic studies, and I'm kind of being drawn many different ways right now.

Morrigan communicates with me through natural signs and my meditations. It's pretty crazy how quickly I could understand her signs....though sometimes it gets a little difficult to interpret. I know I'm embarking on an arduous path, but I know it will definitely be worth it.

Any others who've felt her call?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2009 - 11:03PM #14
mainecaptain
Good Luck Moonsong Singer
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2009 - 8:05PM #15
gorm-sionnach

moonsongsinger wrote:

Right now I'm being strongly called by the Morrigan, but it's complicated. I'm definitely going to have to make some personal changes soon. I have had a connection with Brighid since the beginning of my Gaelic studies, and I'm kind of being drawn many different ways right now.

Morrigan communicates with me through natural signs and my meditations. It's pretty crazy how quickly I could understand her signs....though sometimes it gets a little difficult to interpret. I know I'm embarking on an arduous path, but I know it will definitely be worth it.

Any others who've felt her call?

[FONT="]I think most CR's and Celtic myth would back you up on the interpretation of natural signs as being guideposts.

I've never felt Morrigú or any Goddess for that matter (though I do perform many of my devotionals as being addressed to Bridé, mostly stuff from the CG, though I've felt pulls from Lugh, and more recently from Ogma... So I cannot comment directly on Morrigú. Have you considered posting (this question) in the CR forum, I know this is the "discussion" forum, but it's geared more towards discussion with non practitioners to practitioners (just in case you didn't already know that, I do not mean to come of as patronizing)[/FONT]

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2009 - 5:44PM #16
moonsongsinger
Thanks GS, I'll do that.
And many thanks to you Captain. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2008 - 5:22PM #17
Mjölner
I follow Balder and Thor. Balder for wisdom and kindness. Thor for power.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook