Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 12:44PM #1
aklamwoods
I was going to my usual place on the debate board and looked down and saw "odin."  I had to visit.  I'm surprised this was on the Reconstructionist debate board.

I am very curious about other gods.  I know my God claimed me.  I do know there are other gods out there.  If this is the appropriate board to discuss this, please how did you meet your god?  On the religious tolerarance board,  on the old board, I was beginning to get into this.  I've seen post by john mainer on a dialogue board we were both on.  Also sacrificial told me how she met her god.  Someone else mentioned her god was odin. I wish some of you would go deeper and tell me how you met your god and how your god appears to you now.  What about nature?

Malka
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2008 - 6:37AM #2
Hades
Hi, could you please elaborate on who this god of your is too?  sorry I just like to know where your coming from. :)

If your a christian, do you actually believe in other deities too?

ok well, I do believe the goddess Cybele called me to follow her. She was the wild natured mother goddess of Phrygia. I don't follow a neopagan religion it is more of a personal path that involves ancient Phrygian beliefs and centers around a goddess of nature.  It is a bit complicated as to how she called me but one day I saw a bright lady figure dressed in shining white robes in the forests, on a very high hilltop with windy leaves flying all around her in circles as she walked or sorta glided on the ground!

This was like years ago so I was too young to really understand and I was too scared so I ran away and never saw her again. But I seriously believe after pondering about it that she was the old goddess herself calling out to me, because it's said she roams around like that in remote areas of forests and mountains with her worshippers in a mad frenzy of devotion. The ground she walked on was being affected by her, the abnormally high winds and the leaves floating around her body.

I've also started to go back to that area to worship her so I built a nice little stone altar up there where I leave yearly offerings. I consider the exact spot of her sighting a sacred gathering place and the gusts of wind still frequent that area :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2008 - 10:41AM #3
Jim46
Aklam, you might have already made contacts with other gods, without realizing it. If you'd like I could tell you about my first experience listening to trees, which might have been a contact with one of my gods.

Also, I'm thinking that part of my difficulty in learning about gods might be a misunderstanding about what people mean by "gods."

Hades, thanks for that story. I've been looking for stories too.

Does anyone know a good pagan or reconstructionism board for a Swiss person who has just started learning about gods?

Jim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2008 - 12:05AM #4
John_T_Mainer
[QUOTE=Jim46;343287]Aklam, you might have already made contacts with other gods, without realizing it. If you'd like I could tell you about my first experience listening to trees, which might have been a contact with one of my gods.

Also, I'm thinking that part of my difficulty in learning about gods might be a misunderstanding about what people mean by "gods."

Hades, thanks for that story. I've been looking for stories too.

Does anyone know a good pagan or reconstructionism board for a Swiss person who has just started learning about gods?

Jim[/QUOTE]

Asatru and Northern Heathenry board.  The swiss cantons still gang to the Althing like our ancestors did centuries ago.  The Swiss culture is actually the least changed this side of Iceland from its heathen roots, as it avoided the Christian Absolute Monarchies.  The Swiss kept the tribal democratic traditions of the ancient heathens, and continued to modernize them in the evolution the rest of us only wish we could have enjoyed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2008 - 2:43PM #5
mainecaptain

Jim46 wrote:

Aklam, you might have already made contacts with other gods, without realizing it. If you'd like I could tell you about my first experience listening to trees, which might have been a contact with one of my gods.

Jim

You will have to trust yourself as to what your experience was, but I have a tree on my sacred ground That I have an ongoing relationship with. It is essentially my Sacred tree.
But I have heard Trees all my life. Willows first then other trees. People forget Trees are alive and have Souls like we do. They just can't get up an move around like animals can.

Of course this Life energy we call souls manifests in different way in different life forms but a live is alive and Trees are sentient beings, so they can commune with you.
They can also get mad at you so never make a promise to a tree and not keep it. They remember. You will be put in your place. I was. I was forgiven, I also had to make it right.

This is my personal experience, my UPG. You mileage may vary:D
What I mean is it may very well have been a g-d speaking to you. Either way if you keep seeking you will likely know one day.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 10:40AM #6
Wheelwitch
I searched for many years to find my true place. I had been attracted to the Egyptian mysteries for a long time as the source for many Western beliefs, and I had many experiences and struggles until a final rejection came from Thoth. After a long search and vision quest, I was visited by Dana, Celtic Goddess of War. I am now one of the people of Dana, follow the crow, and for the first time in my life I have been truly content.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 6:04PM #7
Dromahair
[QUOTE=Wheelwitch;374391]I was visited by Dana, Celtic Goddess of War....follow the crow...,[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity where do you get Dana as a goddess of war or associated with the crow?  I've seen the rare mention of Danu taking on Morrigan like attributes but never to the extent that she could be considered a "War Goddess".
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2008 - 8:16PM #8
nancyflorencecarlson
what I've read about Odin he sounds sort of like Jupiter.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2008 - 12:41AM #9
LeahOne
Jupiter never gave up an eye nor hung from a tree to gain wisdom.   And I can't see Odin with that 'bringer of jollity' aspect, either....you know, Jovial!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2008 - 1:14PM #10
dingaling
You would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

But for good people to do evil things,that requires religion.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook