7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 2:37AM #1
JunglistSouljah
Long Long Time Lurker...First time poster so please excuse all typos and Grammer......but i have just got done reading the Art of Happiness and the section on Intimacy has truly stuck with me...and i been expanding my Relationship on far deeper levels and making new friends by being far more Intimate with the people around me....so i like to know what kinda Effects if any has expanding your Intimacy has had on you life and your Spiritual Progression?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 10:20PM #2
citizenzen
I find that one of the most important aspects in dealing with other people and life is to "let it come to me".

What's that mean? I think a tremendous amount of energy is expended by people trying to direct and influence interactions and outcomes in their favor. We try to predict and preempt, scheme and out-wit and in the end sometimes get the result we want, but more often than not, fall short.

But if we're able to accept the world as it is and people as they are and let them come to us without interference, then that will increase intimacy with others and the world.

(Just don't read the thread, "What is Karma", because I didn't do a very good job of following my own advice there.)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook