Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The true spirit guide
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 12:24PM #1
Elijah
The true spirit guide only is given to one that has become saved. You are right in the fact not any of the religions no what I'm talking about, that is the sad part. It is called the Holy Ghost that I received thirty days after I was saved. St John 14;16 And I will pray the Father, (When you get saved Jesus will ask his Father to give you the Holy Ghost) and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever: 26 he (Holy Ghost) shall teach you all things, ---. KJV 1611
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 2:38AM #2
Tenlionz
I believe that being saved or following any belief system iz no more than a higher power theory, there are of course many religionz and belief systemz through out the world and one doez not seem to be any better than the next, I believe it comez down to what one haz been exposed to and what one can become comfortable with whether that be Christianity or Hinduism or Native American spirituality. Should one decide to follow a certain religion it iz my opinion that the religion should be studied and verified concerning origin and documented success or result, Many have no idea where the roots of Christianity lye and simply follow blindly and many other religionz also, that iz of course onez right to do so but I find it to be, lets say an unwise policy. It’s our responsibility to know what we are getting into and what historical evidence the religion haz to offer before we ask an entity to enter our body. The holy Ghost purpose according to the bible iz to be a comforter a connection with the spirit of the god Yahweh and of course Jesus Christ the savior of Christians who could not in human form be an omni present being az the holy spirit can, it iz also claimed that after the holy spirit enterz onez body they will be endowed with the ability to perform miracles such az healing and speaking in a heavenly language which iz know only to god, although otherz filled with this spirit have a gift known az interpretation and may announce the translation to the congregation, it may also be noted that the Angelz them self’s inquired az to this gift of the holy spirit and requested to be filled with the spirit them selvez and were denied az the gift of said spirit apparently iz only given to human beingz, still otherz believe the holy spirit iz the holy catholic church its self.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 4:04PM #3
mainecaptain
That was beautiful Tenz. You are a very understanding man.:)

And to the poster who say there are no other Spirit guides. In my exoerience that is very incorrect.
I have Spirirt Guides. They speak to me aid me in my life. Protect me. And assist me in the learning I need for this life time.

And it is a blessing to have them.
I love them and they love me. I know this. They have shown this.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 10:38AM #4
Tenlionz
Thank you my good friend Maine Captain, the concepts of the holy spirit are AZ diverse AZ christian denominations but I took a shot at it. Yes I believe the poster you mention haz a rather narrow view of the spiritual world but that iz the way Christians are trained. I find that open minded people who get involved with Christianity eventually walk away and begin to broaden their out look.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 8:28PM #5
Tenlionz
Now if that can be proven to be more than a personal belief, man made religion and theory and that it really works you will be doing well to perpetuate your system of belief Pat.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2008 - 12:40AM #6
Stardove
Aho!

What a plan.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2008 - 8:23PM #7
Tenlionz
Pat ->As someone once said, if there was no Man, there'd be no need for spiritual beliefs and religions. The beaver, buffalo, wolf, and other animals don't need religion, yet these animals are all symbolic of something in and about Man. Earth, moon, sun; wind, fire, and water these things don't need religion. Nonetheless, all those things inspire religion in Man to satisfy his spiritual yearnings.EQ-----------We learned our wayz by watching theze our brotherz and sisterz and from our Mother the Earth, I understand this Holy spirit you speak of and I do not mean any offense, it seemz to me the Christian religion many timez hopes to assimilate all other religionz and Human kind and make the entire world Christian. I can see that you are not a Christian Fundamentalist and not pushy with your belief and I respect your wizdom in the way you prezent your belief, I believe higher power theory works no matter who or what the higher power iz but the Christian belief seemz to make no attempt at breaking away from the consumer mentality and just hopes a God will show up some day and take them all away and make a new Earth. I don't believe this will happen my friend and I think its irresponsible to perpetuate this form of belief,we are here and we will alwayz be here and if we do not teach the wayz of responsibility for our Mother the Earth we are doomed.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2008 - 8:18AM #8
Tenlionz
I believe this revival will come when a society based on economics gives way to a society of believerz, believerz in the wayz of Earth, thoze who realize that all thingz are spirit, not only a great spirit, but AZ we in physical form are connected to Earth, all thingz spirit are connected to the great spirit, our destiniez are interlocked, a man iz no better than a tree including the spirits of both, we are one in the same and a part of the same.believing in this this connection with all thingz causez us to respect all thingz physical and spiritual. the fundamentalist fights for some thing he already haz but doez not understand this, Allah and Yahweh have become the name for their own insecurity and hostile intent to cure their feeling of fear, becauze they do not understand that there iz nothing to fear but becoming the servant of fear. the Earth will cleanz her self and renew her self AZ she haz alwayz done but this iz not a negative thing, it iz a natural thing that no man iz capable of doing, not Jesus or Mohamed or Budah or any other man becauze they are only a small part of the Earth and a small part of the Great Spirit AZ we are, We are the same. I appreciate your time and discussion Pat.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 8:58AM #9
Tenlionz
I suppose the closest explanation of what a spirit iz or at least a Native concept would be information laden energy, this iz the mystery which eludez science. the mystery of the sacred hoop, the mystery of the waterz, AZ quantum physics preachez-information can not be lost yet they are not sure what this meanz, AZ Steven Hawking once believed that information could be lost at the point of singularity and now claimz parallel universe or M theory can account information AZ being preserved in a parallel dimension and there for remainz, well that doez not really blow my kilt up. information doez in fact remain but AZ spirit or energy, it iz merely recycled AZ water or any other thing and can maintain a resemblance of its past appearance or awareness, a tree can also retain the information it haz gained and while a physical being the tree breathz oxygen that givez us life, while we breath carbon dioxide which in turn givez the tree life and this forgez our destiniez AZ one in the same. what makes you think that you have any more rite to a spirit than the tree? becauze you have abstract thought? how do you know the tree doez not? iz it your brain that iz thinking theze thoughts or your spirit? how do we know the tree iz not thinking- what foolz theze monkeyz are!, the tree breathz and feedz the same AZ you and I and so why would he not have a spirit? it iz harder for me to believe that the tree would not have a spirit. I know old onez that know the language of the Earth and all of her Children and can tell you many thingz just by watching them, unless you have been apart of theze thingz and believed theze thingz they can be hard to understand but I appreciate your effort. to follow this Jesus iz like we follow an Elder, but we do not make him our God or see him AZ the great spirit or Aba Binilli AZ we call the Great Spirit, this Jesus iz just a man AZ we are and a spirit AZ we are, and if you all follow the same Elder this makes you one tribe, indeed you all claim him to be your Minko or leader, although people are diverse in thought and action should you take advise from the same Elder then you will all be much alike, AZ though you are one Tribe. We az Indianz all admire Crazy Horse but do not look to him az a God, although it could be said that he gave hiz life for hiz people, We az diverse Tribez follow differant Minkoz. If all settlers thought good injunz are dead injunz then I would not be half Irish hehe, I see you AZ seeking, not AZ determined to change me to a follower of your Christ or I would not go to all this trouble to answer you my friend. I hope I have answered some of your questionz and plz feel free to continue asking.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 11:04AM #10
Tenlionz
Minko iz Chief, also meanz leader, all Elderz are respected AZ adviserz and or leaderz such AZ a counsel of Elderz including both male and Female. sound familiar? it should the United states government iz based on Indian wayz of Government, president or chief with a congress or counsel and many advisers, this way decisionz are made on a collective basis. We also have Medicine men ,horn Doctorz, story tellerz and prophets. The Great Spirit iz very difficult for me to explain, AZ it iz a single entity and yet made up of all, and that iz why it iz a Great mystery and yet "we" simply know exactly what and who it iz, this iz the Chickasaw way and yes you have the right idea.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook