Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The mind vs. the brain and the Shaman
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 4:34AM #11
Redfrog777
left:
">>Energy is spent, burned, consumed and eventually used up. We are in no way a form of energy."

I think the word you are looking for is fuel.

E=mc2 = We are energy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 8:34AM #12
Whisperingal
Left--matter can be converted to energy in numerous ways--most spectacularly by fission or fusion--IE atomic bombs.

Or by setting a pile of wood on fire.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 11:29AM #13
Redfrog777
All matter is energy in a semi static state.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 11:39AM #14
Whisperingal
IMO there's nothing static about it.

Having people think about what happens to wood when it burns is a good way of helping them see how easily matter is converted into energy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 12:10PM #15
Redfrog777
How would you describe lead or diamond or concrete?

Not all forms of matter/static energy are so easily transformed in to usable energy.

It is simplistic to ascribe and example Newtonian Physics to a concept that more properly belongs in the realm of quantum physics.

IMO it goes a lot deeper then a simple chemical transfer of usable energy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 12:18PM #16
Whisperingal
It's an example to help people understand that matter can be easily converted to energy--most people have seen wood burning--and have felt the energy that results.

We cna talk Hiedigger's Uncertainty Principle and Schroedinger's Cat and prions and strange quarks and dark matter--but not everyone is into that in their daily lives.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 12:38PM #17
Redfrog777
The point you seem to miss is that- it is not an example of matter being converted into energy. It is an example of energy moving from one state to another.

There are fundamental differences in the concepts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 12:37AM #18
Kay404
[QUOTE=leftuncheckd;678869]>>Energy is spent, burned, consumed and eventually used up.  We are in no way a form of energy.[/QUOTE]

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.  It can change form, or move from one object to another, but the amount of energy remains the same. 

Everything that exists in physical reality is a shape that energy takes.  The most solid-seeming diamond is, in reality, a shifting dance of vibrating energy.  So is your body.  So is the Earth.  So is a flame, the wind, a wave on the ocean.

Why does energy take the shapes it takes?    How does mind interact with matter?  What is pure energy, when there is no physical form?  What is pure spirit?  How are all these questions related?

When I use my will, guided by my mind, to call energy from Universal Source and send it to a power animal to be used for healing someone, and the person gets better in a dramatic and medically inexplicable way...  what just happened?

Even beyond formal shamanic work, I have had too many ‘para-normal’ experiences, of too many different kinds, that were objectively confirmed in one way or another, to believe that my mind is an electrical product of my brain. 

This is a great thread!  I hope I have time to post more soon, and I hope others will post more here, as well.

Bright blessings,

Kay
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook