Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 3:08PM #1
river8101
Is anybody getting a loud voice at B Net advertising Tylenol???:mad:
“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 9:06PM #2
aklamwoods
[QUOTE=river8101;159054]Is anybody getting a loud voice at B Net advertising Tylenol???:mad:[/QUOTE]

I think you've had too much eggnog.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 9:24PM #3
VG59
I see the add but do not hear anything.  However maybe there is something that my husband did to the computer to prevent it.

That would be......creepy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 10:06PM #4
river8101
You see the Tylenol ad?   OK, that's a start.  I haven't seen the ad. 

My computer's  been having problems  since I started posting on this new forum.  It's not an old computer, unless 3 years is old.   My Entourage got so corrupted a couple weeks ago, that my entire software had to be reinstalled to get it back,  Then my I Tunes wouldn't play,  got that fixed, and my  screen saver stopped working. My son, who is the CEO of a computer software Co. said it too had gotten corrupted too.  Now I have a Mac, so all this is  unusual.   He fixed it each time, but this vocal Tylenol commerical is new,

I've never heard any ads or annoucements comimg over my computer before.   But i've heard this Tylenol commercial 3 times.    All this morning.
“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 11:05PM #5
VG59
What kind of problems did you have a couple weeks ago.  We are fighting a virus LOL on ours.

We thought we got rid of it but the problems reoccured.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 11:45PM #6
river8101
VG

I've had my Mac for 31/2 years, and it's never had any major problems, till now.    So maybe I've got a virus too.

First my Entourage got corrupted a few weeks ago.  It wouldn't open.     This past week, my computer froze and I had to reboot in Fail Safe.  Never had to do that before and I posted on the old forum for 7 years.    Also as I think I wrote, my screen saver stopped working automatically.  Mark said that was corrupted too. Then my I Tunes wouldn't play.  Got that going  now.

I don't know if you meant you saw that Tylenol ad on B Net or somewhere else.   I went to a Tylenol ad on the Internet and saw this,

"Your child's safety is our number one priority."  [COLOR=Black]That's exactly what I heard.  (There was another line also.  Don't remember what it said except Tylenol was in the ad.    Heard it 3 times this morning.

http://www.tylenol.com/page.jhtml?id=ty … oldmed.inc

This has never happened before, and I'm beginning to wonder if B Net is safe.  Could these problems be coming through B Net?    All this started since I've been posting on the new forum.  After all, it's still in Beta.  Who knows?   They have so many printed ads.   And then there's that goofy pop up.  That started on the old forum  I know lots of people are sick of that one. 

Sometimes it hardly comes up at all, and other times it pops up every time you click your mouse. 

This is the only website I've ever posted on where I've ever seen so many ads. 
[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 7:04AM #7
Bunsinspace
BS"D

Wow!  MACs sometimes give me headaches, but that's a new spin on it. :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 8:26AM #8
VG59
I know sometimes if my cursor hits certain areas things will pop up, but no auditory messages. 

I wonder if it was happening earlier yesterday and by the time I got on they had that feature edited out.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 9:17AM #9
river8101
Maybe.  I'm usually up by 5:30.  Sometimes I post very early in the morning.   This happened pretty early, but it happened 3 times.  It didn't happen this morning or the rest of yesterday.   

I haven't seen that full page pop up from B Net for several days.  But it's slowed down before and then started popping up again every time I clicked my computer.   One of my friends got so sick of it, she stopped posting on B Net.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 9:30AM #10
river8101
I was just surfing around the web for some help on this subject.  I found this:

The Next WAVe(sm): Auditory Browsing in Web and non-Web Databases is a clearinghouse of projects, research, products and services that describe or apply auditory interfaces, displays or interactive technologies to enhance use and access to Web and selected non-Web databases.

Anybody understand that?   I read that Auditory display (AD) is the use of sound to communicate between machine and human.  So what's B Net up to?   I assume that's like I Chat.   But what could a smart advertiser do to get sound into your computer.   My I Chat may have been turned on because we communicate with my son and family when they're in FL.   You can talk and see each other with IChat.   I wonder if it came through that?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook