Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Of trolls and sadness, or good people band together
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 7:46AM #41
KARD9000
[QUOTE=jcarlinbn;160045]If the ignore list just blanks out posts, you are missing all the fun.  You don't necessarily have to reply, or you can reply on a different thread (maybe adelphe will create one for you ;)) or on those occasions when you need to hit your head against a wall so it will feel good when you stop, you can reply.  I haven't even tried it out.  I am afraid I would miss something good.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, but there are numerous holes in the walls of my office....people are starting to wonder.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 5:33PM #42
whichone

Adelphe wrote:

[/color]

LOL!

Yes, I've become quite accomplished in starting trollish threads lately.

[color=darkred]

I agree. It is the height of absurdity to let a poster disturb you so much that you can't even give a cursory glance to a post to decide to ignore it but must force yourself to.

Posters who don't add to the conversation do not disturb me. They waste my time. I don't put usernames on my ignore list that I disagree with. For me, they have to be usernames with a perfect record of adding nothing to the conversation. If a person adds to the conversation at least once in a blue moon then I continue to scan their posts for something interesting. That is why there are so few usernames on my ignore list, but the few that are on it have led to an improved beliefnet experience.  I want to use my time to read interesting and thought provoking posts......or even just entertaining posts.  A troll can be very entertaining.  If a troll is entertaining then I will not add them to my ignore list......but a troll that is boring and adds nothing to the conversation well then they are going to quickly to my ignore list, so I will not loose time for the good posts.  My favorite posts are the ones that I completely disagree with that cause me to think.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 6:52PM #43
Omarkhayyam
The good father (or whatever he is) T. is forever on my ignore list.

Occasionally I open of his posts and almost immediately reconfirm my ignore decision.

In addition to many other reasons I simply WILL NOT be an audience to one who deliberately and knowingly distorts the language for the sake of individuality.
This is OZ? I want back to KS.

What was it? Click your heels together 3 times and say - what??
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2007 - 2:09AM #44
ThirdPersonPlural
Trolls are the lifeblood of this board.  If they kept to their own faith communities, we would never have anyone to correct.

We must nurture the trolls.  Otherwise we need to sally forth and post questionable material on their boards.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook