Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View Glorification of Suffering?
2 days ago  ::  Aug 25, 2015 - 9:01AM #131
InHisHands

Dec 13, 2007 -- 6:56PM, jkb13 wrote:

One of the earliest logians -- no. 5 which states: 5. Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. [And there is nothing buried that will not be raised.]" ......proves that this text is not Gnostic -- because Gnosticism was about hidden knowledge for the elite and the few and as you can see the line -- for there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed -- and there is nothing buried that will not be raised -- which speaks to the resurrection.

There are some who will not taste death...and as CHRIST said, there are those who will not suffer the second death and already have a part in the first resurrection.

Are we waiting for the first or the second resurrection?

Because those who believe in THE SON of GOD and the TRUTH of THE WORD of GOD have already passed from death to life...and it wasn't by what they did, and how they interpreted the RISEN and LIVING WORDS of JESUS...it wasn't by their knowledge...it was by their faith in the ONE who saves...and that is CHRIST.

He who believes in ME does not believe only in ME but in the ONE who sent ME...and so their faith is in GOD...that GOD does not lie, nor does HE deceive, nor will trickery ever be found in HIM...

In fact remember those who have "overcome"?

See 1John 5.

Therefore it isn't gnosis that saves...but the ONE who is to us THE WISDOM from GOD made known to mortal man...because, and only because, GOD has revealed HIS TRUTH to us...

It is all GOD'S WORK alone...HE opens the door...and HE closes the door...

But HE does say, those who seek shall find, those who ask it shall be given, and those who knock the DOOR shall be opened.

HE also said, I stand at the DOOR and knock, he who hears MY VOICE and opens the DOOR, I will come in and sup with him and he with ME.

...for those who LOVE ME, MY FATHER will love, and WE will come and make our home with him...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook