Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
6 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 5:27PM #1
JVL
Hello,

I am a Volunteer Minister for the Church of Scientology and have been a Scientologist for over 15 years.  I am willing to answer any questions about Scientology that any one may have.

Best,
JoAnne
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2007 - 4:39PM #2
Intrestedinlearning
Hey! Thanks for getting back to me :) I'm writing an Informative paper on scientology. I have a few questions for you. can you explain to me anything you now about auditing, e-meters, etc. also what do you believe about other religions and what happens when you die.
                 thank you so much for replying
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 4:39AM #3
kevsbird
I have a question. Why do do follow a science-fiction writer?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 10:30AM #4
U_R_Spirit
Scientologists don't follow a science fiction writer.

L. Ron Hubbard dedicated his life to talking with people all over the world to discover ways of helping them. When he was starting out, he also wrote adventure stories to pay for his travels, but 90% of his writings are his non-fiction research notes on the spirit, the mind, life and how to help people.

Scientologists don't follow, worship or simply believe L. Ron Hubbard either. They study his research notes and use what works for them to improve their life and help others.

There's more on L. Ron Hubbard here: http://www.lronhubbard.org/
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 1:24PM #5
larryk
Thanks so much for answering our questions. I've often wondered what a thetan and an operating thetan are? I've heard the terms when reading in the media about Scientology.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 5:34PM #6
U_R_Spirit
Re: Auditing, E-Meters, Other Religions and Life

Auditing:

Auditing means "to listen". An auditor ("one who listens") asks specific questions about an area of life a person is having trouble with and listens to their answers so that they can sort it out and feel better. It results in increased awareness and understanding, as well as improved ability in the area discussed.

Specific auditing procedures result in the ability to remember things more clearly, understand oneself better, communicate more comfortably, resolve problems more easily, recover from hostility, suffering and upsets with people, and the ability to move out of "stuck" conditions in your life.

Further information, along with people's stories of their own experiences with auditing can be found here: http://www.auditing.org/

E-Meters:

An E-Meter simply measures a change of mental/emotional state in a person. For example, if a person talked about a food they liked, the meter would register one reaction, if the person talked about a food they disliked, it would register a different reaction. It helps the auditor help the person track down the specific details that help them resolve something and improve their life.

Other Religions:

Scientology is an all-denominational religion in that it welcomes people of any faith to study and use the parts of Scientology that helps them. Here's a story about ministers of various religions using Scientology to help their parishioners while maintaining their own faith: http://scientology.blogspot.com/2007/08 … -help.html

Scientologists also believe in religious tolerance and protecting religious freedom for everyone. Even though the Church is still new and sometimes has to fight for its own survival, Scientologists also work hard to protect the religious freedoms of others along with their own.

Life after death:

Scientologists believe that you are a Spiritual Being, and _you_ don't die. Your body dies. You move on. Most Scientologists probably believe a person picks up another body for another lifetime, though some believe otherwise. Each person is free to decide what they believe about that part of their life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 5:35PM #7
U_R_Spirit
Re: Thetan and Operating Thetan

Thetan:

A "thetan" is simply you - the person. Not your body, your name, your possessions or any "thing" else. In Scientology, the word "thetan" refers to the spiritual being that a person is.

In the book "Scientology: A New Slant on Life" Mr. Hubbard said, "A man _is_ his own immortal soul."

But some people speak of "my soul", as if it were something apart from you, so Mr. Hubbard used the word "thetan" to refer to the immortal, creative spiritual being that is the actual person. It comes from the Greek letter "Theta" which has sometimes been used to mean life, thought or spirit.

Operating Thetan:

An "Operating Thetan" (OT) refers to a thetan (you, a spiritual being) operating at a high level of ability. After a Scientologist resolves various problems in their life (see "Auditing" in my previous message) they move on to study courses that help them recover their native abilities as a creative spiritual being. As a person goes through these courses their own life improves even more and their ability to help others improves also.

I haven't taken these courses yet, but Laurie Hamilton has taken most of them. She's made herself available for questions here: http://www.allexperts.com/ep/1751-30534 … milton.htm
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 12:52AM #8
leftuncheckd
"Life after death: "

"Scientologists believe that you are a Spiritual Being, and _you_ don't die. Your body dies. You move on. Most Scientologists probably believe a person picks up another body for another lifetime, though some believe otherwise. Each person is free to decide what they believe about that part of their life."

You folks are right on target.
PMA

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 12:52AM #9
leftuncheckd
"Life after death: "

"Scientologists believe that you are a Spiritual Being, and _you_ don't die. Your body dies. You move on. Most Scientologists probably believe a person picks up another body for another lifetime, though some believe otherwise. Each person is free to decide what they believe about that part of their life."

You folks are right on target.
PMA

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 10:13AM #10
anzertree
How can CoS be compatible with Christianity? You say the body has an immortal soul, yet the bible says the opposite.

For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. Ecclesiastes 9:5 

Apparently the bible says the dead are unconscious. Can someone explain?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook