Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View 100 Bible Facts Concerning the Sabbath
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 5:17PM #31
sincerly

RexAllen wrote:

7th day girl:
Very good points, I hope someone is listening. I am part of Sabbath observing group myself

Rex, Welcome to the SDA Forums.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 4:48PM #32
RexAllen
[QUOTE=madmutt61;87257]Have you read their "Statement of Faith."?[/QUOTE]
7th day girl:
Very good points, I hope someone is listening. I am part of Sabbath observing group myself
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 5:17PM #33
sincerly

RexAllen wrote:

7th day girl:

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 4:21PM #34
madmutt61
[QUOTE=sincerly;95694]Facts,???? NOT Hardly!! We have been over that ground many times previously----and shown your supposition to be false.

Again, """""This is the same principle EGW used in employing the "truths" expressed by others which you both resent.----but that is another subject which has been dealt with on that thread.

But then, It does destroy one's argument to admit that by accepting "any truth" in a thing----one  can't relegate the whole to being false.[/QUOTE]

Sincerly, Sincerly,

Have you yet to learn that some truth in a lie does not make it a truth but still a lie?  One can look back at recent history.  Hitler, Stalin, Jones, Koresh, Heaven's Gate..  It's only a little white lie or a mistruth.  Please do not insult my intelligence.  Truth is truth, and a lie is a lie.  No matter how it is packaged! 

Either "The 100 Facts" are biblically correct or not.  Either Val is correct or not.  And Scriptures , "the standard of character , the test of experience, the authoritative revealer of doctrines, and the trustworty record of God's acts in history" if they do not line up with scriptures, then they are not biblical.  So, either you reject them or not.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 1:45PM #35
andrewcyrus

MM wrote;

"Have you yet to learn that some truth in a lie does not make it a truth but still a lie?  One can look back at recent history.  Hitler, Stalin, Jones, Koresh, Heaven's Gate..  It's only a little white lie or a mistruth.  Please do not insult my intelligence.  Truth is truth, and a lie is a lie.  No matter how it is packaged"

Andy> And the Sabbath is peaceful rest. Not some disjointed war projection.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2009 - 2:49PM #36
andrewcyrus

27. God has pronounced a special blessing on all the Gentiles who will keep it (Isaiah 56:6, 7).

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices [shall be] accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people

28. This is in the prophecy which refers wholly to the Christian dispensation (See Isaiah 56.).

29. God has promised to bless all who keep the Sabbath (Isaiah 56:2).

Yep gets rid of the elite narcissistic disorder of exclusivity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2009 - 2:28PM #37
andrewcyrus

12. It is not a Jewish institution, for it was made 2,300 years before ever there was a Jew.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2009 - 1:16PM #38
andrewcyrus

Nov 21, 2007 -- 11:50PM, SeventhDayGirl wrote:

Forty Bible Facts Concerning the First Day of the Week 1. The very first thing recorded in the Bible is work done on Sunday, the first day of the week (Genesis 1:1-5). This was done by the Creator Himself who began His creative work. 2. God commands men to work for six days of the week, including the first, but not on the seventh day which is the Sabbath (Exodus 20:81 1). 3. None of the patriarchs ever kept Sunday. 4. None of the holy prophets ever kept it. 5. By the express command of God, His holy people used the first day of the week as a common working day for 4,000 years, at least. 6. God Himself calls it a "working" day. (Ezekiel 46: 1) 7. God did not rest upon it. 8. He never blessed it. 9. Christ did not rest upon it. 10. Jesus was a carpenter (Mark 6:3), and worked at His trade until He was thirty years old. He kept the Sabbath and worked six days in the week. 11. The apostles worked upon it during the same time. 12. The apostles never rested upon it. 13. Christ never blessed it. 14. It has never been blessed by any divine authority. 15. It has never been sanctified. 16. No law was ever given by God to enforce the keeping of it. "Where no law is, there is no transgression." Romans 4:15 (See also 1 John 3:4). 17. The New Testament nowhere forbids work to be done on it. 18. No penalty is provided for its violation. 19. No blessing is promised for its observance. 20. No regulation is given as to how it ought to be observed. Would this be so if the Lord wished us to keep it? continued....

Cognitive restructuring -truth re-instated

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2009 - 8:17PM #39
andrewcyrus

Dec 3, 2007 -- 5:17PM, sincerly wrote:

RexAllen wrote:

7th day girl: Very good points, I hope someone is listening. I am part of Sabbath observing group myself

Yeah would could use some more who actually read and comprehend rather than equate madness with reason.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook