Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
10 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2007 - 9:00PM #1
UFRETR

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 2:12AM #2
bb-15
Same to you UFRETR.

BB ;-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 7:38AM #3
Bunsinspace
BS"D

Also happy holiday wishes.:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 8:09AM #4
Bunsinspace

UFRETR wrote:

BNet acting up again.;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 8:59AM #5
saygil
On the Hannukiah, are the candles to be lined up from the right or left side?
I forget!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 12:43PM #6
aklamwoods
[QUOTE=saygil;117063]On the Hannukiah, are the candles to be lined up from the right or left side?
I forget![/QUOTE]

It's from right to left, so you did it correctly last night.  If you remember, Bruce, a few years ago, lined them up left to right.  I told you, and you corrected him.  But to make sure, I looked on the internet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 12:43PM #7
aklamwoods
[QUOTE=saygil;117063]On the Hannukiah, are the candles to be lined up from the right or left side?
I forget![/QUOTE]

It's from right to left, so you did it correctly last night.  If you remember, Bruce, a few years ago, lined them up left to right.  I told you, and you corrected him.  But to make sure, I looked on the internet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 11:46PM #8
UFRETR
Candles are placed right to left and lit left to right with the Shamash :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2007 - 10:31AM #9
theprinterlady
Happy Holy-Days to you all, no matter which ones you like to observe.

The Chabad Rabbi from whom I am taking Hebrew lessons (we are now formally starting grammar and vocab and rules, regulations, exceptions, one-time occurences, and all the other stuff guaranteed to make my head explode).... gave me a Channukah Menorah last night. (I've never had one). So I lit my firs Channukah  candles last night. It came with a little "devotional" pamphlet that is also a fun read.  I'm hoping to make donuts and latkes sometime this weekend....

Then I start Christmas shopping!!! (Yep, walking the line between what I celebrate and what everyone else in my family does).
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2007 - 10:31AM #10
theprinterlady
Happy Holy-Days to you all, no matter which ones you like to observe.

The Chabad Rabbi from whom I am taking Hebrew lessons (we are now formally starting grammar and vocab and rules, regulations, exceptions, one-time occurences, and all the other stuff guaranteed to make my head explode).... gave me a Channukah Menorah last night. (I've never had one). So I lit my firs Channukah  candles last night. It came with a little "devotional" pamphlet that is also a fun read.  I'm hoping to make donuts and latkes sometime this weekend....

Then I start Christmas shopping!!! (Yep, walking the line between what I celebrate and what everyone else in my family does).
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook