Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 393  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 393 Next
10 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 1:58PM #1
Leight
...the other nite I went to a convience store and asked the young clerk what he was majoring in and he told me philosophy, music or psychology.....I quickly gave him a quick frisking of those subjects and when he told me of his ownership of the "Complete works of Aristotle" my pusle raced....I then took him to the end of the subjects and told the clerk of the Christ and of my meeting Jesus....

...from an Atheists veiwpoint, what more could I have done with him?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 1:47AM #2
cptspith
You could have bought your cigarettes and left quietly, secure in the knowledge that the clerk really didn't give a flying fig what you had to say about Jesus.
Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 9:07PM #3
Leight
...well here  I am, the absolute woe of Atheism, a man who has met God....a man who was aforetime an Atheist.....
I really find it "challenging" that there are Atheists, and I am sure there are many Atheists who take great issue with my challenges, and that is good, I liken myself to some planet eater, that is I learn everything that  Atheists know and then I use it against them, for their good. Because I think many Atheists are like I was, people who think that Christians are ignorant......I really did, for instance, I am Black and I thought that it was a matter of the greatest ignorance for a Black man here in America to even belive in a God who had been given to him/his people in Slavery, that is Africans who worshiped various gods and who were animanists and or whatever, should be brought here to the Americas and stripped of everything, even their names and language and then given a God, this Jesus in order to justify and pacify them in their God ordained role as slaves in America!!!!!! Well I thought that even on the surface such an argument for Christianity among Black people should have been rejected on those grounds alone! And to top it all off, was there not Science and evolution which really held the answers for those brave enough to embrace them as answers for the origins and purposes of mankind.

Well I was wrong....I left for work one day to go and wash dishes broken hearted and all and would you know it God made a house call on me and took me in a Wind to Heaven.......so now what of all my book learning and secret proofs that I had had against God?  How can I in any honesty attribute to Atheism any shredd of truth? I cannot, Atheism has no truth whatsoever within it, Atheism only has in every sense of the word, tragic adherents....

Which brings me to an interesting point, ....how can I not be guilty of defeating the idea of Atheism so completely , as I have in the past, without as it were baptising the Atheist completely in truth? This is an issue which I belive Atheists have reconized in the past and wrongly charged me with doing......its like I have been forbidden to prove the obvious though challenged to debate it.....how can an Atheist have it both ways?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 6:20AM #4
cptspith
Wow. New forum, same old crap

[QUOTE=Leight;50004]...well here  I am, the absolute woe of Atheism, a man who has met God....a man who was aforetime an Atheist.....[/QUOTE]

You are woe to nobody, and never were atheist; your own stories of your past have shown that beyond a shadow of a doubt

[QUOTE=Leight;50004]I am sure there are many Atheists who take great issue with my challenges, and that is good, I liken myself to some planet eater, that is I learn everything that  Atheists know and then I use it against them, for their good.[/QUOTE]

You have never made a challenge that could even stand up to the scrutiny of a child. And you have displayed quite clearly that you have never learned anything from the atheists that you "interact" with here. Making grossly overblown, empty boasts does not count as "victory".

[QUOTE=Leight;50004]....I left for work one day to go and wash dishes broken hearted and all and would you know it God made a house call on me and took me in a Wind to Heaven.......so now what of all my book learning and secret proofs that I had had against God?  How can I in any honesty attribute to Atheism any shredd of truth? I cannot, Atheism has no truth whatsoever within it, Atheism only has in every sense of the word, tragic adherents....[/QUOTE]

Seldom (if ever) in this world is "the truth" an either-or proposition; accepting God does not require that you abandon basic reason completely, though you do seem happy with the option. But I would like to hear "a shredd of evidence" that atheism has no truth to it. I have heard you SAY it about a billion times, but not once have you ever provided support for your claims.

[QUOTE=Leight;50004]Which brings me to an interesting point, ....how can I not be guilty of defeating the idea of Atheism so completely , as I have in the past......its like I have been forbidden to prove the obvious though challenged to debate it.....how can an Atheist have it both ways?[/QUOTE]

You can "not be guilty" of defeating the idea of atheism because you have never even come close to doing any such thing. You have not even gone so far as to provide the atheist with the slightest reason to question atheism at all.

And you have NEVER been "forbidden" to prove the "obvious", in fact you have been begged, cajoled, and dared to "prove the obvious" at which point your standard response is to change the subject and pretend the request never existed.

You, Leight, have been asked over and over and over and over and over and over again to support your position, even as you have run from every challenge put to you, randomly declaring victory based on nothing more pertinent than the time of day. How can the pompous have it both ways?
Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 7:19PM #5
Leight
for now citspith thou must be the soil that I sometimes make markings upon, for you are much as I was prior to my conversion, an empty vessel that could hold nothing, disjointed and dislinked as a cut up chicken.....think of it, all you know, all you know is what you have learned from man and not God...you at present indeed are not even able to understand the contrast ....for it is to Gods Glory that He allows the persistance of highly evolved lies to exist, indeed the embracing of lies "images" one...how could you belive, that just within your grasp, exists One,God, who is Density itself? Believe me, I was as you, one swinging widely through the ropes of mans knowledge, and thinking myself knowledable, and yet with my ignorance merely being held for the day when I and the mass of my sin should somehow join some understanding of the Atheist Star, Hell, itself.......for even as mass under acceleration knows an increase of mass, so too does mass accelerated by immoral energies gain the agonyies fit for hell.......at present you have a "moral weight" which you are not completely aware of, and ye needs be weightless, indeed as light....
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 7:30PM #6
allthegoodnamesweretaken
my pusle raced..

You should get that checked.  A racing pusle can be a sign of a serious deficiency.

:D
Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 12:57AM #7
cptspith
[QUOTE=Leight;55205]for now citspith thou must be the soil that I sometimes make markings upon, for you are much as I was prior to my conversion, an empty vessel that could hold nothing, disjointed and dislinked as a cut up chicken.....[/QUOTE]

Wrong again. You were never an atheist; you were a god-denier at best. You tried to run and hide from a god that you still believed existed and judged you. that is not atheism, that is denial. And that is why YOU felt empty. I am not.

[QUOTE=Leight;55205]think of it, all you know, all you know is what you have learned from man and not God...for it is to Gods Glory that He allows the persistance of highly evolved lies to exist, indeed the embracing of lies "images" one...[/QUOTE]

Think of it, all you know is from fairy stories made up by people who didn't know why the wind blew, or what an eclipse was. You have not "learned" anything, you have just accepted stories that made you feel that somebody would take care of you, even when you were old enough to take responsibility for taking care of yourself. You embraced stories that don't require you to mature emotionally, instead of living life as it is.

[QUOTE=Leight;55205]Believe me, I was as you, one swinging widely through the ropes of mans knowledge, and thinking myself knowledable, and yet with my ignorance merely being held for the day when I and the mass of my sin should somehow join some understanding of the Atheist Star, Hell, itself.......[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I will NOT believe you, since what you just described is not even me. How can you have "been like me" when what you describe is nothing like me? I have not claimed to be "knowledgeable", nor do I "swing widely" whateverthehell that means. I simply ask that I actually believe something before I believe it.  I do not "deny" gods, nor do I hold any stake or preference in gods not existing, but I have never had any experience or evidence or even instinct that gods exist. Not a wash of spectacular emotion, not a spooky, otherworldly feeling, nothing that even meant anything just to me, that has ever made me even wonder if gods exist.

[QUOTE=Leight;55205]for even as mass under acceleration knows an increase of mass, so too does mass accelerated by immoral energies gain the agonyies fit for hell.......[/QUOTE]

That is the poorest, most desperate analogy I have seen in a long time. It doesn't even work as an analogy. And is still supported not at all by anything other than naked claims and blathering.

Your feeble attempts at hiding from God or denying him in the hopes that he wouldn't watch while you did things you thought he would disapprove of, are in no way the same as being atheist. This "atheism" you claim from your past was nothing of the sort; it was just your desperate and insincere attempt to pretend that your god didn't exist as some form of spiritual teenage rebellion. But deep down, you always "knew" that your god was watching, thus your guilt overcame you and you "converted". As a true atheist, I have no guilt, yet ironically, I never had the urge to rebel against a god either. When you have to try hard and make a show of your "atheism", it's a sure sign that it isn't atheism at all.
Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 8:41AM #8
Roughdraft
[QUOTE=Leight;42653]...the other nite I went to a convience store and asked the young clerk what he was majoring in and he told me philosophy, music or psychology.....I quickly gave him a quick frisking of those subjects and when he told me of his ownership of the "Complete works of Aristotle" my pusle raced....I then took him to the end of the subjects and told the clerk of the Christ and of my meeting Jesus....

...from an Atheists veiwpoint, what more could I have done with him?[/QUOTE]

Did you try screaming at him about how he will surely burn in hell for his sinful disbelief while literally thumping a Bible?  That's what people do to me where I live.  Then again, they're not successful either.

Or maybe you should just leave the guy alone so he can do his job.  Personally, I would have taken Aristotle as a sign of a thoughful person.  In other words, that he was someone rational enough not to be converted by a five minute harang.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 5:44PM #9
MidnightCougar

Leight wrote:

...well here  I am, the absolute woe of Atheism,

The former theist-turned-theist  arrives showing Einstein was right about the universe and infinity...

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 6:38PM #10
Leight
actually I had studied Aristotle and found such material to be enlightening as to the real deep thoughts of the Greeks, and I used Aristotle as a entryway into the clerks world, for in some measure my appreciation for the complexities of Aristotle, of his catagories ect, enabled me as a person to demonstrate mine own great sanity as it were as I spoke to the young clerk......I "used" Aristotle for a greater purpose than all his works, as a platform to demonstrate the supremacy of the Christ....

and immoral acts do have a weight, a crushing weight, a weight not even fully felt through ones own sense of right and wrong......it is only because the weight of evil is fully kept for judgement in another dimension, that some are able even to move at all "here"......

all people know the principle of sowing and reaping, even if they have other terms for it, ying, yang, karma, ect...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 393  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 393 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook