Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 1:49PM #1
whaledone
I have been slowly reading the Secret Doctrine(SD). It requires that pace at first but after about 50 pages I began to understand the basic premise. So far it makes sense in a speculative form but like most other metaphysical theories it lacks any way to prove itself. I do not think the SD is trying to be scientific as it says as much early on.

My disappointment is the idea that the divine(s) are non-personal to a great extent. I think the strong suit of any religion is the idea some entity greater than thou is waiting to help you if you do the right things and ask with the belief IT will help you. On the other hand, traditional entities are usually so personalized as to become exclusive to a particular group of people.

My question is, has the reader studied Theosophy and if so, can a personal "God" be drawn from it. I am very early and may be able to answer my own question eventually. Thanks
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 12:18PM #2
Theoguy
whaledone,
I think that the 'messages' imbedded, or attempted to be conveyed in the SD can be viewed from various angles.  I've understood that while information is being presented in a more or less conventional way (and it's contents debatable), the authors intentions were mainly to provide the reader with a tool by which one's 'intuitions' can be unveiled.  The message is 'between the lines' so to speak.
As for personal entities, helpful friends in high places, etc., well. theosophy does remind us of our 'elders' who watch over humankinds 'progress', and who lend their support.  That support isn't a touchy-feely, warm & fuzziness, but designed to address our higher nature's intentions which have little to do with sentimentality, ego, or desire.   I hope that helps.  Keep pushing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 1:18PM #3
whaledone
Thanks Theoguy.  I studied Pre-Socratic philosophy in college and found a remarkable parallel between Theosophy's concept of reality, as it has to do with first philosophy,  and that of Empedocles.  From Empedocles, you can draw a fairly straight line to Freudian Psychology, specifically Frued's idea of Eros and Thanatos. 

Your post did help.  Reading the SD is slow going and I do not expect to find a secrect to the world but it is an interesting idea.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 3:22AM #4
visio
Somehow I am more inclined to perceive it all, as condensation or precipitation rather than emanation, because it involves a series of tranformation of forms and shapes from non-dimensional to dimensional.

zayn_al_abidin
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 8:18PM #5
visio
[QUOTE=whaledone;48819]I have been slowly reading the Secret Doctrine(SD). It requires that pace at first but after about 50 pages I began to understand the basic premise. So far it makes sense in a speculative form but like most other metaphysical theories it lacks any way to prove itself. I do not think the SD is trying to be scientific as it says as much early on.

My disappointment is the idea that the divine(s) are non-personal to a great extent. I think the strong suit of any religion is the idea some entity greater than thou is waiting to help you if you do the right things and ask with the belief IT will help you. On the other hand, traditional entities are usually so personalized as to become exclusive to a particular group of people.

My question is, has the reader studied Theosophy and if so, can a personal "God" be drawn from it. I am very early and may be able to answer my own question eventually. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi! whaledone,
......reading the Secret Doctrine (SD), are you referring to those written by HP Blavatsky? or some others?
But, whichever one you come to read, I believe, it finally rests upon you, to clear the air within you, and identify your own SELF/PERSONALITY/SPIRIT/DESIRES, within the whole pictureview presented by the writers.  Personally I have not read those by HPB, but going thru the few introductory lines of the book (on the net) and some commentaries,  I am sure you'll finally draw the personal "God" you are looking for, from it.

If you are reading that by HPB, it is important to have a good appreciation and observation of all the preliminary precautionary notes she outlined, all the way to the end of the books.  Among those who have been enlightened, those are standard precautionaries.  Why so? It is because they have recognised that the TRUTH/SOUL is only ONE.  Each of us is a unit part of the whole TRUTH/SOUL.  In the current life each of our TRANSIENT REALITY is not the same.  We are separated by the very aspect of CREATED TIME.   Each is moving forward until this TRANSIENT REALITY reaches the time when it will finally collapse and become TRUTH, FINAL/ABSOLUTE  REALITY, itself.

Just to give a lateral input (generalised0, if it may help you.  Wishing you a pleasant read.

Salam
zayn_al_abidin
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 3:30PM #6
whaledone
Yes I am reading the Secret Doctrine written by HPB.  Thanks Visio.  I think the idea as Condensation and Precipitation works nicely.  As she writes, an inhaling and exhaling.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2008 - 12:11AM #7
darkthroneofeth
Hey, don't worry about thinking it can't prove itself;  there are 2 books by Blavatsky,with taht name, and one is only understood by the other.  That version I have read as well.   These 2 books are BOTH called the Secret Doctrine.   Apparently,  you didn't get the Secret one.  I can tell you this much:  the rare one is an Ultima.   And out of all the books in the world on mysticism and the occult, there are not many Ultimas!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 4:38AM #8
Threein1
whaledone

<>

Those who are drawn to acquiring secret knowledge eventually find that they do find a personal god but his name is Satan.  I know this because I delved into the Ancient Wisdom in another group that like Theosophy transpired to have its roots in Hinduism.

My experiences show that Satan has prepared many traps for us to fall into once we reject the basic premise in the bible that God created us and we are His children who can, if we choose, disobey Him and then suffer the consequences.

My group was another branch of the Great White Brotherhood which tempted me by telling me “I must be a chosen one.” Or “You must have undergone great hardships to find us” etc.   All such groups appeal to the ego.

These satanic traps are for basically good souls who wish to help others, or animals, or the planet, but who disbelieve the bible story of Creation. Thus the appeal is to what in our nature makes us want to do good but at the same time reject our Father in Heaven.

I found this out to my cost and now tell my story like the Ancient Mariner to all who will listen to the danger they are entering into.

My videos No 1-6 tell my tale and may at least cause you to question more deeply what you about.  I say ‘may’ because when pastors and other Christians warned me at the time I scornfully rejected their pleas and eventually paid the penalty of undergoing the distress of having to confess to Lord Jesus that I was wrong and all that I had come to believe was untrue in order to be released from the enslavement of the spiders web that the spirits had woven around my soul.

Keith.
My videos are now uploaded onto my Beliefnet profile and are accessed on the left hand side under 'videos'/ view Gallery/ Alternatively my testimony detailing my experiences of both God and the Devil can read at:
http://sites.google.com/site/phantomsofreality/Home
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 9:46AM #9
visio
[QUOTE=Threein1;866339]whaledone

<>

Those who are drawn to acquiring secret knowledge eventually find that they do find a personal god but his name is Satan.  I know this because I delved into the Ancient Wisdom in another group that like Theosophy transpired to have its roots in Hinduism.

My experiences show that Satan has prepared many traps for us to fall into once we reject the basic premise in the bible that God created us and we are His children who can, if we choose, disobey Him and then suffer the consequences.

My group was another branch of the Great White Brotherhood which tempted me by telling me “I must be a chosen one.” Or “You must have undergone great hardships to find us” etc.   All such groups appeal to the ego.

These satanic traps are for basically good souls who wish to help others, or animals, or the planet, but who disbelieve the bible story of Creation. Thus the appeal is to what in our nature makes us want to do good but at the same time reject our Father in Heaven.

I found this out to my cost and now tell my story like the Ancient Mariner to all who will listen to the danger they are entering into.

My videos No 1-6 tell my tale and may at least cause you to question more deeply what you about.  I say ‘may’ because when pastors and other Christians warned me at the time I scornfully rejected their pleas and eventually paid the penalty of undergoing the distress of having to confess to Lord Jesus that I was wrong and all that I had come to believe was untrue in order to be released from the enslavement of the spiders web that the spirits had woven around my soul.

Keith.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Greetings Threein 1,

I fully agree with what you have just said.  This things do exist in real life, and it is no joke.   I have not personally experienced any of such things, and as a Muslim, I pray that ALLAH would spare me the trauma.  But I do know something similar, aong the lines of spiritual healing practices which are common in the communities in my part of the world (Malaysia/Indonesia)
I am glad that you have recovered as I watched your video.  And thank you for that.
God has protected you and your sincerity and honesty certainly paid of.

May God's blessings be upon you.  Just stick to what you know and think about him and praise Him in your prayer.

Salaam.[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2008 - 4:07AM #10
Threein1
[QUOTE=visio;866600][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Greetings Threein 1,

I fully agree with what you have just said.  This things do exist in real life, and it is no joke.   I have not personally experienced any of such things, and as a Muslim, I pray that ALLAH would spare me the trauma.  But I do know something similar, aong the lines of spiritual healing practices which are common in the communities in my part of the world (Malaysia/Indonesia)
I am glad that you have recovered as I watched your video.  And thank you for that.
God has protected you and your sincerity and honesty certainly paid of.

May God's blessings be upon you.  Just stick to what you know and think about him and praise Him in your prayer.

Salaam.[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

visio

It is always flattering when someone takes the trouble to read what one has written or look at ones videos so thank you for that and also for your kind thoughts.

Keith
My videos are now uploaded onto my Beliefnet profile and are accessed on the left hand side under 'videos'/ view Gallery/ Alternatively my testimony detailing my experiences of both God and the Devil can read at:
http://sites.google.com/site/phantomsofreality/Home
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook