6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 4:07PM #1
itsacrucifiction
"Chris Wyatt is on a mission.

Walking hastily through his cavernous fourth-floor headquarters in suburban Dallas, the founder of the Christian version of YouTube is searching for an available conference room.

He quickly passes reminders of his success: a group of customer service representatives on the phone, animated meetings in progress and extra office space that GodTube.com is preparing to move into.

Finally settled, the nattily dressed former TV producer insists he is as surprised as anyone that the site was identified earlier this year by comScore as the fastest growing on the Web.

"I thought I was going to be a seminary student and then work maybe a couple hours a week," he said. "Now I'm taking online courses because I can't get over to the seminary, I'm so busy."

GodTube.com, a video-sharing site with Christian content, drew more than 4 million unique visitors during October.

[COLOR="Blue"]I Prefer X-Tube Myself[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 4:25PM #2
itsacrucifiction
[QUOTE=Ebon;40857]To be honest, good for him. If there's a demand for a "Christian" (I haven't actually checked the site) version of YouTube, they can have one. Power through choice is what the webway is all about.[/QUOTE]

It's the power of cable tv exponentially multiplied, with millions of channels to serve each market niche.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 5:38PM #3
Xristocharis

itsacrucifiction wrote:

So where's the glow-in-the-dark Jesus condoms?

In the mail.

-Jon

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 5:39PM #4
Xristocharis
I thought you said "where's my..."

Otherwise the joke made no sense.

-Jon
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 5:33PM #5
Xristocharis
Because Christian Marketeers know that by slapping "Christian" onto something will sell it to that segment of the Christian population that buys into it.

Christian yoga.
Christian pilates.
Christian clothing.
Christian television.
Christian radio.
Christian cereal.
Christian action figures.

It's not religion. It's capitalism.

-Jon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 5:36PM #6
itsacrucifiction
[QUOTE=Xristocharis;41045]Because Christian Marketeers know that by slapping "Christian" onto something will sell it to that segment of the Christian population that buys into it.

Christian yoga.
Christian pilates.
Christian clothing.
Christian television.
Christian radio.
Christian cereal.
Christian action figures.

It's not religion. It's capitalism.

-Jon[/QUOTE]

So where's the glow-in-the-dark Jesus condoms?
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook