Page 6 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 11:36AM #51
Sacrificialgoddess
[QUOTE=ceveazey;102809]I'm new at this board, and so don't know what has been discussed.  My question is, why call me a witch?  Wasn't that the church's definition of me, with all its prejudice?  Therefore, if I accept that label/word, am I allowing myself to be defined by the church's prejudice?  I am well aware that the word "witch" has been lost in translation, formerly was a description of a healer/wise woman, but that's not what people think about the word "witch" when they hear it.  Even though the Constition of the U.S. has recognized witchcraft as a legitimate religion, isn't even the recognition of witchcraft as a religion still a description under the umbrella of the church?  A similar discussion about athiesm being a religion, or not, goes on at the Discuss Athiesm board.  Many who are athiests don't like hearing their beliefs called a religion for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

How has the constitution recognized witchcraft as a legitimate religion?  :confused:
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 11:43AM #52
Feinics
[QUOTE=sacrificialgoddess;102820]There is a reason they say that just about anything that can be done with magic can be done more easily physically![/QUOTE]

very true but then theres an implication with that, which gets dangerously close to making magic a seperate thing in our lives instead of a part of it. To me magic is a natural thing I treat my magical acts with the same responsability I do my physical acts but i dont see it as any more shortcut then asking a friend for help/advice or any  physical activity that makes life that bit easier:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 12:06PM #53
ceveazey
[QUOTE=sacrificialgoddess;102822]How has the constitution recognized witchcraft as a legitimate religion?  :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi Sacrificialgoddess,

http://www.celticcrow.com/community/nfedlaw.html

But my problem is that witchcraft is referred to as a religion, as in the above statements.  Do you think it is a religion?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 12:12PM #54
Sacrificialgoddess
My problem mainly circles around that not being the constitution.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 12:35PM #55
ceveazey
[QUOTE=sacrificialgoddess;102896]My problem mainly circles around that not being the constitution.[/QUOTE]

I must ask around.  Examples:  Is atheism protected under the constitution, are American Indian beliefs protected under the constitution?  Constitution protects religious freedom, but some athiests don't think theirs is a religion, and I don't think American Indians consider theirs religions either.  So am I have a problem or what?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 12:37PM #56
Sacrificialgoddess
[QUOTE=ceveazey;102957]I must ask around.  Examples:  Is atheism protected under the constitution, are American Indian beliefs protected under the constitution?  Constitution protects religious freedom, but some athiests don't think theirs is a religion, and I don't think American Indians consider theirs religions either.  So am I have a problem or what?[/QUOTE]

Native American beliefs have only come to be protected in the last thirty years or so.  Ask Wohali about that.  Congress shall make no law... really doesn't say all that much.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 1:11PM #57
GypsyMagickRaven
DO SPELLS WORK??? not to be funny but why wouldnt they.AH, this question makes me chuckle alittle now because im now living in one of my spells you see a couple of years ago when i desprately need a change i did a spell to change the way me and my family were living and i now got a 37 year morgage but dont you belive for one second they dont work!! hell mine took about 4 years to complete but  i have learned alot in the way, the thing is to keep your mouth shut when your doing one they dont manifest when one is braggiing about this and that. so all you new little witchlings remember the 3 words to know to dare and to be slient! Gypsy Magick raven Blessed be all!
Misinformation harms!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 1:50PM #58
Seshen
[QUOTE=ceveazey;102878]Hi Sacrificialgoddess,

http://www.celticcrow.com/community/nfedlaw.html

But my problem is that witchcraft is referred to as a religion, as in the above statements.  Do you think it is a religion?[/QUOTE]

This occurred during the Wicca=Witchcraft phases.  Wicca, a religion of witchcraft, is federally recognized under law (the Constitution does NOT recognize any particular religion, just that freedom of religion is protected).  Witchcraft unto itself is not a religion.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 1:52PM #59
Seshen
[QUOTE=GypsyMagickRaven;103057]so all you new little witchlings remember the 3 words to know to dare and to be slient! Gypsy Magick raven Blessed be all![/QUOTE]

To Know, To Will, To Dare, To Be Silent
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 2:18PM #60
Sacrificialgoddess

Seshen wrote:

To Know, To Will, To Dare, To Be Silent

Yup, can't forget the Will!   :p

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook