Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 9:05AM #1
CreakyHedgewitch
On the old Witchcraft Debate Board, there is a topic that comes up at least a couple of times a year. This is the most recent thread. Do Spells Work?

This discussion/debate is welcome to continue here on the new boards.

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Discuss Witchcraft Board
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 5:03PM #2
Seshen
[QUOTE=CreakyHedgewitch;27693]On the old Witchcraft Debate Board, there is a topic that comes up at least a couple of times a year. This is the most recent thread. Do Spells Work?

This discussion/debate is welcome to continue here on the new boards.

[/QUOTE]

I vote "Yes." Spells work.  I've had too many direct results to call it coincidence.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 9:27PM #3
lil_lamb
oh, i would say they can. i'd say they more often don't and, rarely then, to the extent desired. why they don't, i think is very interesting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 10:24AM #4
Sacrificialgoddess
[QUOTE=lil_lamb;34497]oh, i would say they can. i'd say they more often don't and, rarely then, to the extent desired. why they don't, i think is very interesting.[/QUOTE]

When they do, however, it can bite you in the ass if you aren't careful.  Mine almost always work.  Which is why I rarely cast.  :p
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 10:42PM #5
Ed.W
I need a spell to use on my [redacted sorry] just testing something
‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 2:36AM #6
lil_lamb

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

When they do, however, it can bite you in the ass if you aren't careful. Mine almost always work. Which is why I rarely cast. :p

oh yes. too true :p

as they say, the first lesson in magic is not to use it. hehe. :p

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2007 - 1:41AM #7
proserpina
Well of course they work.What a question.They  work If you know what you're doing.And if you don't they may and they may backfire.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2007 - 10:50PM #8
monkeylynn
I agree with you Proserpina:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2007 - 12:04AM #9
ceveazey
I'll comment on this.  I've been a healer for a number of years now.  Now I know healing and spells are not the same (or are they?).  Personally, I would never do any negative spells because I think evil negative spells to harm others are very harmful to my own self, because what you do to others eventually comes back to you.  I believe this is one of the laws of the universe.  However, I see nothing wrong with doing affirmations.  I do know that spells are very much like affirmations.  They work because they give a way of thinking about something in a different way.  Example:  Two people were making my life a living hell, and I felt helpless to cope with protect myself, their energy was so strong.  I used a spell to help me cope and protect myself, and the situation did change.  I was desperate at the time.  I was told that if I wrote their names on a piece of paper, put the paper in a container of water and put it in the freezer, their negative energy would be 'frozen'.  Like I say, I was desperate, and would have tried anything at the time because my own ability to fortify and protect myself just wasn't doing very well.  So I did this water freezer thing, and within a few days, I felt my own strength coming back into me.  Within a few weeks I was able to make decisive moves to take my ex to court.  It was a child custody issue, where my ex was trying to take my little girl completely away from me, not because I was doing anything wrong, but because he was just immature and his new girlfriend wanted me out of the picture.  They were extremely toxic people at the time.  That was 20 years ago.  So, psychological placebo affect or successful spell?  Who knows, but doing that spell did get me over a hump so I had the strength to fend them off.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 9:50AM #10
Sacrificialgoddess
[QUOTE=ceveazey;94207]I'll comment on this.  I've been a healer for a number of years now.  Now I know healing and spells are not the same (or are they?).  Personally, I would never do any negative spells because I think evil negative spells to harm others are very harmful to my own self, because what you do to others eventually comes back to you.  I believe this is one of the laws of the universe.  However, I see nothing wrong with doing affirmations.  I do know that spells are very much like affirmations.  They work because they give a way of thinking about something in a different way.  Example:  Two people were making my life a living hell, and I felt helpless to cope with protect myself, their energy was so strong.  I used a spell to help me cope and protect myself, and the situation did change.  I was desperate at the time.  I was told that if I wrote their names on a piece of paper, put the paper in a container of water and put it in the freezer, their negative energy would be 'frozen'.  Like I say, I was desperate, and would have tried anything at the time because my own ability to fortify and protect myself just wasn't doing very well.  So I did this water freezer thing, and within a few days, I felt my own strength coming back into me.  Within a few weeks I was able to make decisive moves to take my ex to court.  It was a child custody issue, where my ex was trying to take my little girl completely away from me, not because I was doing anything wrong, but because he was just immature and his new girlfriend wanted me out of the picture.  They were extremely toxic people at the time.  That was 20 years ago.  So, psychological placebo affect or successful spell?  Who knows, but doing that spell did get me over a hump so I had the strength to fend them off.[/QUOTE]

Don't buy it.  If you would heal, you must be able to harm.  The two are incredibly linked.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook