Page 1 of 165  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 165 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: A D Community Room
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 8:26PM #1
Jcarlinbn
Welcome, one and all, to the Atheism Deb..er, ah, Discussion break room.

Kick back, have a bit of fun, and take a break from the fray. You can get acquainted (or re-acquainted) with most of the players on the old board here . (To fix beliefnet's patented invisible link add your own color from the formatting bar.)

I look forward to the usual spirited discussions on the board, and some more friendships developing here on break.

jcarlinbn
Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 1:24AM #2
wontgetfooledagain
Do you serve beer in this room? ;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 8:55PM #3
Steve_Guy
Thanks for the welcome. I've had a long and healthy break from Beliefnet and a three week holiday from work and I have kind of found the woman of my dreams. ;-))

Nice to see some of the old gang here.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 8:55PM #4
Steve_Guy
make that a red wine for me.
thanx.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 9:03PM #5
Ken
You're back! Splendid!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 9:13PM #6
Steve_Guy
Greetings, Ken. Great to see you. If you're interested in a small insight into my world, have a look at my photos. I will upload a few more soon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 9:20AM #7
inherentcomplexity
Is our old mate, Leight, still posting? I have to confess I was never quite sure what he was getting at.

Leight posted on the old board yesterday, but it was deleted. I'm not sure he's figured out the new boards. In fact, I'm not sure he's even aware of them.

Last time I really caught up with any of the discussions here, Leight was posting all sorts of lengthy and confused diatribes against atheism and atheists, in particular. His postings struck me as being confused, undisciplined and barely coherent musings, constructed in painfully pretentious and risibly poor english. But heck, maybe the problem was at my end? Maybe I was too stupid and unsophisticated to appreciate Leight's profound uses of prose and rhetoric?

Oscar Wilde did warn us that 'to be great is to be misunderstood', so I could be wrong about Leight, but I kind of doubt it. Perhaps if we replace "great" with "grate" or "grating"..... ????

Hey, one chai for the strange foreigner here.

Leight was really funny, if you ignore that he/she/it (hesh?) probably believed what he/she/it (hesh?) said - and how much time hesh spend on the 'net arguing for it - somewhat.

Just playing with host tools here. Posts can be merged, but originator names are lost. Sorry.
Players in the above are inherentcomplexity, Ken, Steve_Guy, and ??? sorry I didn't make notes.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 9:58AM #8
Jcarlinbn

inherentcomplexity wrote:

Is our old mate, Leight, still posting?

For those who need an occasional Leight fix:

[B][COLOR=blue]Truth[/COLOR][/B]
Fathers
Knowing Everything
Let there be Leight II
The Limit of Atheism is absolute

are still available in the archive.

Especially interesting posts may be linked on this thread and will be merged into this post. Please do not reply or comment on the link other than to give it a subject title as the link.

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 10:30PM #9
cptspith
Well, I've made it over to the new... I suppose functionality is supposed to be improved, but I'm not so sure I like the "shiny new"ness of it all. Oh well; "SUAD-WI" - I'll learn to deal. Glad to see you prolifically active here already, kjn/Ken!

Say... if/when Leight does find the place, would it be possible to keep the unfettered preaching to a limited few threads? I like to "play the game" but when he has 7 ongoing threads of the same ... stuff, it gets hard to keep track.

Oh, microbrew for me, please, Snow Plow!

-Reverend Spith
"Still, atheist as a herring"
Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 11:02PM #10
Ken

cptspith wrote:

Glad to see you prolifically active here already, kjn/Ken!

Glad to see you made it! The new boards aren't all that daunting, especially for clever atheists.

Say... if/when Leight does find the place . . .

Shhh! Speak that name softly. We don't want to call attention to ourselves.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 165  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 165 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook