Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Introduction and Welcome
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 12:17PM #1
CreakyHedgewitch
Welcome to the Discuss Witchcraft Board.

This board is to discuss and debate the validity and relative merits of witchcraft, however it is being defined. This board is not designed as a community for any particular group; it is an open debate welcoming both followers and critics of witchcraft.

You must be courteous to all, even those whose beliefs you find offensive. Make your case, or refute other views, but do not make negative remarks about other members. Express opinions within the limits of the Rules of Conduct

Please be courteous to other participants and do not derail or encourage other members to derail the topic into a debate about the other specific beliefs, validity or history of any religion unless it is also a Religion of Witchcraft. There are Debate and/or Forum Boards for most if not all other religions where such discussions/debates will not be considered off-topic.

If you wish to post references to highlight your point or points, please try to use links wherever possible to where such references are already online. For example, please avoiding posting long series of biblical quotes but rather just supply chapter/verse #s and a link.

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Witchcraft Debate Board
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 4:36PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess
CH!!!  :D   Where ya been, girl?
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:59PM #3
lil_lamb
well, hey. let's see if a little conversation can flourish here.

Sincerely,

lil_lamb
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 12:24PM #4
spiritual69
I was wondering what kind of magic people practice, if any?  I lean towards green magic even though I am somewhat of a newbie and would like to hear what other people think about different types of magic/way of life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 3:58AM #5
lil_lamb

spiritual69 wrote:

I was wondering what kind of magic people practice, if any?  I lean towards green magic even though I am somewhat of a newbie and would like to hear what other people think about different types of magic/way of life.

that's an interesting question! i see two ways to read it... it could be about different sources of energy "to do work" as a physicist might say... or to put it another way, to manifest an idea into substance... or it could be about different methods to harness one sort.

anyways, i don't suppose i'm an "urban primitive." i'm a city girl, and the city is just one big mix. plus, i'm native californian. everyone, including me and the parish priest, is reiki certified. my grandma is into physiogamy and herbs. i've had a spiritual director, a nun with a buddhist monk for a best friend, and i've learned a thing or two about shielding, contemplative prayer, centering prayer, and meditation. have done lessons with a traditional witch (i.e., non-wiccan), which included trance meditation among other things. actually, between the nun and the witch, that's been training that's served me well, i feel.

ok. i guess i picked the methodology interpretation :) so what do your practices include, when you say green magic?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 1:23PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess
I need a definition of green magic...
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 1:23PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess
I need a definition of green magic...

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 5:30PM #8
Moonchylde
I'm assuming that green magic is working with herbs, the elements and other natural elements.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 8:34AM #9
CreakyHedgewitch
[QUOTE=Moonchylde;192801]I'm assuming that green magic is working with herbs, the elements and other natural elements.[/QUOTE]

It certainly can be. This website is fairly decent Green Magick BOS for that kind of definition. The emphasis tends to be on plants primarily and herblore, spellcraft and healing as the primary components of this Craft.

C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook