Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Welcome to the new beliefnet community.
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 12:57PM #1
Thomas_R
Hi all,

Nothing specially to add but wanted to say hello to all.

The outlook seems good (all other forums except beliefnet have been upgraded years ago). I am also having a little bi9t of a hard time organizing my posts and traversing through discussions. Hope it will be easier with time.

Good day

Thomas
=========================
Born a Muslim; openly apostate since childhood because Allah gave me the ability to think for myself (@_@)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2007 - 1:52AM #2
Jcarlinbn
Same rules, same host but it looks like it will be much easier to use. Editing is available!.

The old forums will be locked (archived) soon.  If you wish to continue a thread, Start a thread in the new forum with the same title, link to it (if you can) or copy and paste the url of the page the post you are referring to is on with the post number (old) for reference. 

As an alternative,  think up a better title, and link to the thread you think it applies to.   

Or just go off in a new direction with a thread of your own and link to past posts/threads as needed. 

Enjoy the new easier format.  I look forward to the usual spirited discussions.   

As usual keep the distinction between
jcarlinbn
as Community Host
and
J'Carlin
as community member
in mind. I find differentiating the roles useful and the sig is the easiest way to do that. 

jcarlinbn
Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 11:14AM #3
masmenosdios
howdy!!!!

over yonder to you mr. host. thank ye for the invite.

this is my 2nd only post here. i'm still trying to get me a fix on the sitcheation.

i'm slightly cornfused and discomnambulated.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 12:01PM #4
Ken
(formerly kjn)

Well, it looks like we're off to a splendid start. The New Beliefnet Community wouldn't allow me to log in - it kept telling me that the email address and password I've been using for the last three years weren't valid. I finally had to give up and sign on as a new member.

Still, it's nice not having to use HTML code. I suppose I can just ignore the smilies. I had hoped Beliefnet would be above smilies, but no doubt there's some demand for them in the cuter forums.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 12:10PM #5
Ken
By the way, how do you get to the old forums from here?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 1:04PM #6
masmenosdios
[QUOTE=Ken;1059]By the way, how do you get to the old forums from here?[/QUOTE]

you click on beliefnet home to traverse back to the old threads and to start new threads or reply to threads already created on this our new home you click on the drop down box located at the bottom of the page or by clicking on the tab(Forum) at the top and navigating through the sections.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:10PM #7
Ken
Found them. Now I can't post to them with my new member name, even though they're supposed to be open another week, and I can't sign in to reply with my old name.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 5:59AM #8
DotNotInOz
Hey, formerly-kjn. I think you're screwed. I saw something somewhere to the effect that if you change your name, the previous name is dead for all but viewing old postings.

This format is nice in some ways (mostly the edit feature) but a pain in the glutes in others, not to mention the fact that there's apparently an avatar bug as my generic one appears on-profile but not here no matter what I do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 11:09AM #9
DoorNumber3
I am a little confused by the new format.  Is there a tutorial?  How do you bold, italic, etc?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 11:10AM #10
DoorNumber3
And how do I find my threads?????
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook