Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
10 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 7:24PM #1
cherubino
OK, varlets, discuss something.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2007 - 11:46AM #2
whirlinggal
Booyah!

I am here.

Dominus vobiscum.

Et cum sprititu tuo.

WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2007 - 10:34PM #3
Merope
Welcome, everybody!  (varlets and non-varlets, alike :-)

This is an open board, welcoming Catholics and non-Catholics to discuss Catholicism. 

If you're looking for boards open only to Catholics, you can find them in the Catholic Forum, where you can visit the Ave Maria Cafe, the Catholic Retreat House, and Catholic Cloisters.  If you're new to or have questions about Catholicism, you can also visit the Catholic Welcome Center.

As you can see, we're starting over here with a clean slate.  But you can copy one or more posts from the old Catholicism Debate board and paste them into new threads here.  Threads from the old board will still be available for a while in read-only format for your edification, entertainment, and/or embarrassment :-) 

Since we're all newbies as to the format and features here, we're pretty much in the same boat.   I'm sure there will be the occasional bug, so bear with us if you find one.  (Right off the bat, I see that we all joined Beliefnet in December 1969 :-)

If you have any questions about the new stuff, don't hesitate to ask.  We'll do our best to answer.   

We're very glad you're here!

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Discuss Catholicism
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 8:12AM #4
adamcro-magnon
To Wgal,
some Beaujolais Nouveau - and much deserved.

To Merope
(given the nature of the board) a Ch
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 8:19AM #5
adamcro-magnon
Glitch, glitch, glitch!

Here is what I did write but it was truncated.  (Why?)

To Wgal
Beaujolais Nouveau
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 11:44AM #6
whirlinggal
Adam--thanks for the wine (and I apologize for misspelling it the other day. The French part of my brain was still on its August vacance.  :)

Good to see you here.  For a while there it was just me and two mods--kind of awkward if  you know what I mean--but don't tell them I said that.  :)

How are things on your side of the pond?
WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:37PM #7
Merope
That's OK, adam.  WGal is splitting that bottle of Beaujolais avec moi ...  n'est-ce pas, Mme. WGal? (The recommended answer is "oui," by the way  :-) 

Hey, it's great to see you two here.  Now how about discussing something, you varlets?  Start a thread ... please :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:46PM #8
Merope
I'm not sure what's up on the truncated post thing, adam.  It's happened to me a few times.  I was able to fix it once in one post using the "Edit Post" function.  But subsequent edits resulted in truncation.  I don't think that was the fault of "Edit Post," but I'm not sure.  I have to ask about that.

I'm also not sure whether there is a character limit to the posts, and if so, what the limit is.  I'll ask about that, as well.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 9:39PM #9
newsjunkie
Hey y'all!

Cherubino's a "Junior Member"???
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2007 - 3:39AM #10
Merope
Hi, world citizen -

Oh, yeah ... definitely having problems with truncated posts :-(  And, yeah, "Edit Posts" doesn't help because the posts (in my case, anyway) show up in their entirety in "Edit Post" mode; but when I submit the post (or "Save Changes"), it's truncated.  One of the community managers has reported the problem, so presumably Beliefnet knows about it.  She's assuming it's a glitch that will be fixed at some point.  FYI, she's pretty sure the glitch has nothing to do with exceeding the character limit of the post.  She doesn't know for sure what the limit is, but she knows that it's much larger than the 4,000 characters (give or take a few ;-) on the "old" site.

Until the glitch is fixed, you can do a couple of things with that truncated post:

1)  You can edit it in "Edit Post" mode by just deleting your text and rewriting it from scratch.  In my case, my start-overs are all shorter than my original posts.  My truncated posts were those in which I had copied a lot of text from a web page into the post.  I found that when I deleted the copied text and just typed my own text - which made the post quite a bit shorter - the posts turned out fine.

2)  You can delete your post.  One of the features of this new site is that members can delete their own posts.  Members can also delete their own threads if theirs are the only posts to the thread.     

I hope these suggestions help (until the glitch is fixed :-)

Cheers,
Merope
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook