Switch to Forum Live View 1st Thread, 1st Post!
7 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2007 - 7:58PM #1
RenGalskap
The first post in the first thread of the new Buddhism Discussion board! Woohoo!

And welcome. :D

If you've gotten used to using HTML code in your posts in the old Bnet forums, HTML has been replaced by vB code in the new forums. If you click on the New Thread or New Post button, you move to a page where you can create a new post. At the bottom, to the left, is a list of things that are turned off or on. Click on the words "vB code" and your browser will open a new window containing instructions for using vB code.

The indent tag doesn't work, but so far all the other tags I've tried work OK.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 9:49PM #2
vra
[QUOTE=RenGalskap;192]The first post in the first thread of the new Buddhism Discussion board! Woohoo! [/QUOTE]

Damn!  Late again.

This format is used on another interfaith forum, and once people get used to it, they'll instantly forget the old format.  It's much more versatile.

Shalom,
Vern
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 11:07PM #3
RenGalskap
You're probably right. The old Bnet software was eight years old and badly out of date. I liked HTML better than vB code, but that is the only advantage of the old software, and it's not a big deal.

And Shalom to you, too.

Another quirk I've noticed:

The "Go Advanced" button in the Quick Reply editor takes you to the regular editor. If you want to Preview a Quick Reply post, you'll need to click that to go to the regular editor so you can click the Preview button. In other words, if you want to preview your post before posting, there's no advantage to using Quick Reply.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook