Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

3 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2014 - 3:39PM #1
Keine
I'm a recent convert from Christianity to Agnosticism. Currently, I'm not sure whether anything can be known about a deity. Of course, that is subject to change, but my current position is--whatever the question is--Christianity as it is practiced today does not have the answer. I see religion as being a tool to control people, whereas belief (even a "lack of belief") can set people truly free. I never felt the freedom Christians describe as being in Christ until I realized I didn't need religion to center my moral compass.

I'm open to honest questions, but don't take kindly to being preached at or patronized. I'm a human being, not a puppy that peed on your carpet. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2014 - 11:36PM #2
Shelburgh

Hi Keine,

This is my first post on beliefnet in about 10 years I think. I've been looking around for hours trying to find something interesting to reply to that is newer than 12 months old.  Do people actually hang out here and discuss things, do you think?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2015 - 2:21AM #3
marklewis121

Hello all ! I'm new here.. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook