Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View New here, and not sure of my faith
3 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2014 - 4:36PM #1
GuardianOfTheWildSpace
Hello everybody,
I'm Tala, and as you could have guessed, I'm new here. I joined becuase I wanted to see if I shared my beliefs with anyone else, or possibly, just to try and clear up and figure out what faith I am in the first place. I think I'm somewhere along the lines of a Neo-Pagan, but I'm still confused about it all.
i was born and raised catholic, attended church occasionally and got all the sacraments up to Confirmation, but the past few years I've taken an Intrest in soul searching and searching for a higher truth and whatnot. So, I ended up deviating from Christianity all together and now I'm in this mish-mosh pit of beliefs and thoughts That I never thought had a name. I thought I just had my own beliefs but still considered myself catholic, even though I don't think I Am. Now I'm learning that there could be a faith out there that fits my beliefs, but I have no idea what it could be.
so, I guess now onto what I believe.
i do believe there is a one, almighty God, but not in the traditional sense. I believe he is the energy that surrounds us in the universe; the thing that makes up everything and is everything. Just the same, I believe in the angels, but I also believe in the gods and goddesses of long ago. I believe them to be of a different realm than the angels and God; God sort of being the all supreme but the gods and goddesses still having influence and existence Somewhere. Kind of being 'lesser' in a sense than the almighty God.
i believe when we die, we take a little break in whatever is after is, but we are reincarnated on earth to learn new lessons and experience all there is that can be experienced. I do believe in a karmic cycle of sorts, but I don't think it influences what you are reincarnated as. Your soul chooses what's going to come about in your life, and makes deals with other souls so we can learn what we need to learn.
saying all that, I don't really worship or pray. In my belief that God is this almighty energy, saying prayers is like sending thoughts out into the universe, and if you get into manifestation and the power of your thoughts on your life, well then I could consider my thoughts and wishes my prayers. I don't know if in order to identify with a faith I actively need to worship or not, I'm not really sure on a lot of things. The thing is, is that the way I believe in these things, I dont really need to worship. I could, but the way in which I belief, I am more acknowledging and knowing their prescence, and believing they're there, but I don't think it requires worship.

my thoughts are kind of scattered, and my beliefs are quite complex; I wrote only a fraction here; but if someone could point me towards where I might belong, that would be great. I've been reading a little, and some say Neo-Pagism is an umbrella term, and that inside that is a bunch of other religions.. There's just a lot, and help and guidance is needed :)

thanks

~Tala
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2015 - 5:20PM #2
21st_centry_pruittism
This belief in the area of reincarnation is from that of Buddhism, and this belief that God is an energy source that exist everywhere and that all things are nothing more than emanations of God is half way between New Age and Christian belief systems.  Christianity believes that God spoke the universe into existence (Genesis 1:1 - Genesis 2:1) and everything that exist was made from those things not seen Hebrews 11:3. 

However, according to the Christian view, God created all things but that he doesn't exist as everything in the universe.  This is almost like the idea that urine comes from you and was created by you, but that you are not your own urine in one place and yourself somewhere else.  However, in the New Age movement it says, God is in everything as all things are made out of God, and that God is therefore the energy force that makes up all things.  Therefore, God is in you as being your Higher Self, and therefore also exist in everyone so that everyone is therefore gods and goddesses unto them own selves. 

The idea of praise and worship is this: Praise is to give value to something whether it be negative or positive and to tell what this thing did.  Worship is to talk about what is associated with this god, goddess, or any item in existence.  If you say, "God is holy" then it is you have worshiped him.  If you say God has done many wonderful things in my life, then it is you have praised him.

Likewise, when God created the human languages in the first place it was to be used for praise and worship of someone, something, or some entity be it God or some other spirit being.  In God's eyes in my personal experience it isn't to speak about something without giving it some kind of value to it (as in praise) or to worship something in existence without talking about what this item is like. 

I hope this has helped you know about your belief systems.  Besides, my belief system is that of Pruittism.  I have created this this belief system in order to unify Christianity because Christianity is divided up into many different denominations and Jesus said any house, kingdom, or nation divided shall not stand.  Therefore, Christianity in the unified form is what I call "Pruittism"
after the founder James H. Pruitt, which is me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2015 - 10:49PM #3
Pastordeb

Aug 19, 2014 -- 4:36PM, GuardianOfTheWildSpace wrote:

Hello everybody,
I'm Tala, and as you could have guessed, I'm new here. I joined becuase I wanted to see if I shared my beliefs with anyone else, or possibly, just to try and clear up and figure out what faith I am in the first place. I think I'm somewhere along the lines of a Neo-Pagan, but I'm still confused about it all.
i was born and raised catholic, attended church occasionally and got all the sacraments up to Confirmation, but the past few years I've taken an Intrest in soul searching and searching for a higher truth and whatnot. So, I ended up deviating from Christianity all together and now I'm in this mish-mosh pit of beliefs and thoughts That I never thought had a name. I thought I just had my own beliefs but still considered myself catholic, even though I don't think I Am. Now I'm learning that there could be a faith out there that fits my beliefs, but I have no idea what it could be.
so, I guess now onto what I believe.
i do believe there is a one, almighty God, but not in the traditional sense. I believe he is the energy that surrounds us in the universe; the thing that makes up everything and is everything. Just the same, I believe in the angels, but I also believe in the gods and goddesses of long ago. I believe them to be of a different realm than the angels and God; God sort of being the all supreme but the gods and goddesses still having influence and existence Somewhere. Kind of being 'lesser' in a sense than the almighty God.
i believe when we die, we take a little break in whatever is after is, but we are reincarnated on earth to learn new lessons and experience all there is that can be experienced. I do believe in a karmic cycle of sorts, but I don't think it influences what you are reincarnated as. Your soul chooses what's going to come about in your life, and makes deals with other souls so we can learn what we need to learn.
saying all that, I don't really worship or pray. In my belief that God is this almighty energy, saying prayers is like sending thoughts out into the universe, and if you get into manifestation and the power of your thoughts on your life, well then I could consider my thoughts and wishes my prayers. I don't know if in order to identify with a faith I actively need to worship or not, I'm not really sure on a lot of things. The thing is, is that the way I believe in these things, I dont really need to worship. I could, but the way in which I belief, I am more acknowledging and knowing their prescence, and believing they're there, but I don't think it requires worship.

my thoughts are kind of scattered, and my beliefs are quite complex; I wrote only a fraction here; but if someone could point me towards where I might belong, that would be great. I've been reading a little, and some say Neo-Pagism is an umbrella term, and that inside that is a bunch of other religions.. There's just a lot, and help and guidance is needed :)

thanks

~Tala

Why do you need to identify as any one faith at all?  They are your beliefs and it is your faith that drives them.  I was raised Catholic (like you), and became "Born Again" in my early twenties.  The thing is, most Born Agains tend to be very fundamentalist and think that we should go out and convert everyone.  That is SO NOT part of my belief system.

So while I still identify as "Born Again" and recently became a legally ordained minister, I worship on my terms, and my "talks" with God have told me that the Almighty is ok with how I worship.

My point being that there are so many different faiths and different ways of worshiping, that I just don't see why you have to choose one.  Ok, actually, I do know why we are "expected" to choose one, but that expectation is from other mortals, not God.  These are the same groups that think everyone who believes differently than them will never get into heaven, reach Nirvana, or whatever their faith deems the "final destination."

I assume you are young.  Not to insult you, but this is the time to explore.  Attend services at other churches, go to temple, mosque, celebrate solstice, etc.  Learn about them all and find what works best for you.

That's what makes me the weirdest "Born Again" on the planet.  I believe that there are many paths, not just the one I have chosen.  Take your time and find your path.

And enjoy the ride along the way!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook