Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Troubled and Seeking Reassurance
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2014 - 1:29AM #1
goodlife42

Hi folks. I'm a young 42 year old man living in Australia. I have a young daughter and another on the way. I live a happy life with my wife and I'm very lucky and blessed to have lived in peace within my community.

I have signed up with Beliefnet to find reassurance in others because this year I sense the world has fallen into the worst turmoil that I've seen in my lifetime. I'm refering specifically to the Middle East and in particular organisations such as ISIS and Boko Haram which quite simply, terrify me.

I want to hear primarily from people who subscribe to Islam. I don't understand how such evil can be committed in the name of Islam nor do I understand how anyone associated with Islam can allow it to happen - unless they are empathetic or in agreeance with the actions.

I consider myself to be organic in that I appreciate life and all the beauty in our world. I embrace the differences in our cultures and enjoy learning about new traditions and customs. I respect people and understand that we all have a right to be free and live our life as best we can and according to our own views.

It is all about harmony. However, those that are unable to live in harmony with others are causing overwhelming sadness and suffering in our world. There has always been people like this in our world but I am so frustrated that such ignorance continues in our world today, in 2014!

I need to switch off the world news but I don't want to put my head in the sand. I wish I could have some impact and/or influence to help end the violence or at least help those who need it.

I have become very uncomfortable around Muslims, I never used to be, but I cannot help it nowadays because of all the violence, suffering and bloodshed I have observed in the world being carried out by the jihadists and alike. I wonder how anyone can associate themselves with Islam given the tears it has caused to fall.

Now I know there is violence being done in the name of other religions and ideals and people in general can be evil for completely unrelated reasons but the Islamic militants around the world stand out to me more than anything and ever before.

I want nothing more than the worlds people to live in peace. To know love, to experience family and to have children. To look into my very own child's eyes is the most beautiful emotion I have ever had. I want everyone to experience such joy.

How I wish my children would inherit a happier world or at the very least, have their chance to make it a better place.

Thank you and peace to you all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2014 - 7:43AM #2
BDboy

I am sorry to hear that, you became uncomfortable around Muslims (based on news in the media).

I understand where you are coming from. If you are not aware of what Islam is or have some basic ideas on Islam, it is easy to be scared of Muslims (Those who follow Islam).

Please click on the link below to have some basic ideas on Islam. This forum is also (the link) part of Beliefnet. Feel free to ask questions or share concerns.  

community.beliefnet.com/go/forum/view/34...

May peace be unto you!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2014 - 2:09AM #3
goodlife42

Jul 25, 2014 -- 7:43AM, BDboy wrote:

I am sorry to hear that, you became uncomfortable around Muslims (based on news in the media).

Not only based on the news, but on what is actually happening. For example Christians in Iraq being told to either convert, pay a fee or die and the deadline for which has already passed. Not to mention the endless beheadings and horrible, horrible cold blooded murder being posted to social media.

Where is the condemnation of these actions? What are conservative/moderate Muslims doing about this?

Jul 25, 2014 -- 7:43AM, BDboy wrote:

I understand where you are coming from. If you are not aware of what Islam is or have some basic ideas on Islam, it is easy to be scared of Muslims (Those who follow Islam).

Please click on the link below to have some basic ideas on Islam. This forum is also (the link) part of Beliefnet. Feel free to ask questions or share concerns.  

community.beliefnet.com/go/forum/view/34...

Thanks for your empathy and taking the time to post.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook