2 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2012 - 11:17PM #1
Belieben
Hello all! I'm new to belief.net! I'm so excited to get to know people and their faith journey, and I'm excited to share my own!

I'm always thinking about matters of faith, life and death. Recently, I wrote a children's story for my daughter. I turned it into a video. You have to watch past the first quarter of the video to truly grasp what I was trying to get at.

Windows In The Street: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRYY2jcYWk&feat...

Elements of the story were suggested in part by writings by George MacDonald and a poem by Robert Frost (see notes below video).

I have attempted to create a mythos which helps one develop a greater appreciation and understanding of this life, which in turn will develop appreciation and understanding for the next life. I am reminded of the words of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, "I do not pretend to describe things as they really are, but rather as we must picture them to ourselves so that the world may be true for us at this moment."

I would love to hear from you: what, if anything, did you find compelling? What, if anything, did you find appalling? How would you imaginatively reshape the story to better help you understand and love your life?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 9:44AM #2
christine3

I would love to hear from you: what, if anything, did you find compelling? What, if anything, did you find appalling? How would you imaginatively reshape the story to better help you understand and love your life?

>>>I loved your story!  Since people don't have a lot of 'out-of-body' experiences or dreams about heaven, it is interesting to read these collected impressions of an after-life.  I got a short glimpse once... colors of flowers were on fire and crystalline, and they emitted love.

The music was beautiful and fit the words perfectly.  I liked the twist of seeing heaven as beautiful and perfect, but opposite of what one would think...boring after awhile.  When you put it that way, it prepares one to have a more open and appreciative mind for what we have in this world, even if it is hard.  

Philosophically speaking, I think everything is in balance.  If life is hard here, it will be a reprieve there, but nothing to get addicted on.  The balance should be a learning experience, showing us that life on earth can be wonderful and we can make it that way if we put enough thought into it.  Thanks for sharing!  The visuals and words were beautiful.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 7:34PM #3
Belieben

Jul 24, 2012 -- 9:44AM, christine3 wrote:

>>>I loved your story!  Since people don't have a lot of 'out-of-body' experiences or dreams about heaven, it is interesting to read these collected impressions of an after-life.  I got a short glimpse once... colors of flowers were on fire and crystalline, and they emitted love.

The music was beautiful and fit the words perfectly.  I liked the twist of seeing heaven as beautiful and perfect, but opposite of what one would think...boring after awhile.  When you put it that way, it prepares one to have a more open and appreciative mind for what we have in this world, even if it is hard.  

Philosophically speaking, I think everything is in balance.  If life is hard here, it will be a reprieve there, but nothing to get addicted on.  The balance should be a learning experience, showing us that life on earth can be wonderful and we can make it that way if we put enough thought into it.  Thanks for sharing!  The visuals and words were beautiful.

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you that "the balance will be a learning experience." Well put. Glad you found the story encouraging!

-Chris

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 9:24PM #4
christine3

Jul 24, 2012 -- 7:34PM, Belieben wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you that "the balance will be a learning experience." Well put. Glad you found the story encouraging!

-Chris

You are welcome.  See you around the boards!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook